Barnsley Animal Rescue Charity

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guinea pig TV

Go down

Guinea pig TV Empty Guinea pig TV

Post by Guest Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:19 am

I recently aquired two double hutches, the ones with sleeping area upstairs and a ramp to a lower level. With the weather on the turn the guinea's can't get out on the garden as much so i thought that these hutches would be ideal, more space for them and the ramp for a bit of exercise, unfortunatley i didn't realise how addictive it would be watching the guinea's in their new hutches to see who has mastered the ramps and who hasn't. I've even positioned the hutches so i can see through the patio door so i don't have to stand outside watching - how sad is that!
There is only Daisy in the girls who hasn't ventured up the ramp yet, but she was slow at taking to the ramp in the old hutch that led out into the run, there is food, water and plenty of bedding on both levels so its not a problem, and Dandilion is the only boy that hasn't ventured to the top in my boys. I wish these two would get a move on as i can't walk past without stopping to check who's up and whose down just incase they've done it! Rolling Eyes
Pringle and Dorito are still here and a double hutch is en route for these two, so i'll have it all to go through again!

Back to top Go down

Guinea pig TV Empty Re: Guinea pig TV

Post by Guest Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:22 pm

Guinea pig TV has now moved indoors during this spell of cold weather, as i only have my own 7 at the moment, they are in two massive indoor cages pushed together with a ramp between so they can cage hop in and out of each others cages. My mother called yesterday and sat watching them for a full 15 minutes, she doesn't like anything that's small and furry although she did once stroke a guinea pig but that was because Holly was Hairy not furry - apparentley Rolling Eyes
Any way i'm glad she'd nothing particular to tell me because all i got out of her was 'oh its going in that one' ' oh its back' 'oh its took that cucumber off that other one' 'oh' .....get the gist!!

Back to top Go down