Barnsley Animal Rescue Charity

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wet guinea pigs

2 posters

Go down

Wet guinea pigs Empty Wet guinea pigs

Post by Guest Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:24 pm

Apparently guinea pigs don't like the rain, apparently they don't like the feel of wet squelchy ground, apparently they have sensitive feet and can be prone to foot disease, so would someone like to come and tell this to my lot who will carry on grazing regardless of how heavy its raining, that its dark and i look stupid in my pyjama's, wellies and umbrella waiting for them to go in their hutches, and especially Dandilion who only decided to go to bed when i tempted him with a tomato! Rolling Eyes
So this morning i decided not to let them out until the garden had dried off a bit, it lasted about 20 minutes, not only was the noise deafening but i couldn't stand 7 pairs of sad eyes staring, watching my every move!
The 'little un's' joined in with the squeaking, purely in the name of solidarity, as they were in their run half on the patio and half on the grass.

Back to top Go down

Wet guinea pigs Empty Re: Wet guinea pigs

Post by furrykidz Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:23 pm

You might have to put a piggie pool in drab. I picture it now you,ll get up one morning to the sound of music playing and lots of squeaks and you,ll open the door in your gymjams and pink fluffy slippers to see the little squeakers practicing for the piggie syncronised swimming competition! Just imagine them all in cossies, waterwings and plastic flower swim caps. ahh... i,m going to have stop eating cheese at this time of night! cheers
furrykidz
furrykidz

Female
Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:21 am

This is my house lisa, i think there's more chance of 'bombing' and skinny dipping in the pool than sycronised swimming, and i know what you mean about cheese it was one of my cravings with Matthew and boy did i have some weird dreams, after the one with the talking lion i refused to eat it after 6pm! Wet guinea pigs 751802

Back to top Go down

Post by Tracey Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:20 pm

our little piggie laura who lives inside was outside in the run yesturday when suddenly there was a very heavy downpour. i rushed out side and she was running around in a frantic circle,wet through. she looked really sorry for herself and sulked all night. i still feel guilty.

Tracey
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Female
Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:58 pm

They really do have a bad hair day when they've been wet though don't they? I once had one that got mites really badly so she had a medicated bath every few days, once they cleared up - with the help of the magical ivamectin, every time she heard the tap running into the bowl she would squeak and run to the front of the run, waiting to be bathed! Wet guinea pigs 594187 (I know its not a guinea pig but its the closest thing on there)

Back to top Go down

Post by Tracey Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:56 pm

wow you are lucky. my pigs have always hated baths and squealed their heads off. the neighbours probably think im trying to drown them.

Tracey
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Female
Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down