Barnsley Animal Rescue Charity

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi, Im after a Guinea pig.

3 posters

Go down

Hi, Im after a Guinea pig. Empty Hi, Im after a Guinea pig.

Post by kelly Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:15 pm

Hi, Im having real problems locating a guinea pig or pigs for my boy. I dont want to get them from a high street dodgy pet shop but there doesnt seem to be anyone local that has some.

I have made my boy prove to me he is sure about having a piggy and he has cared for his hamster extremely well for the last year with me not having to do anything to help him.

Obviously he will be supervised with a guinea pig but he will be the main carer.

I have read and reread pages and pages on the internet(and he has too) and I would like to rehome a pair of guinea pigs so as they arent lonely. But im having problems finding which sex pair would be best, but the majority of webpages and personal opinions say 2 males from the same litter are ok.

Can you give me some more info please as to anything I need to know? He is ever so excited and I just want to do the right thing.
Thankyou.

kelly

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-08-29

Back to top Go down

Hi, Im after a Guinea pig. Empty Re: Hi, Im after a Guinea pig.

Post by Angie Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:35 pm

hello Very Happy

give Tracey a call on 01226 746838 ... shes the best to advise on piggies . Very Happy

she can also tell you what we have got in .

will also tell her to post a reply on here tomorrow though Wink

Angie

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Tracey Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:10 am

hi, i don't think it really matters if its a pair of boys or girls. its better if the boys are neutered as there is less chance of squabbles over dominance.we have a pair of boys who are due to be neutered any time now and should be available for adoption soon. we also have a pair of girls approx 4 to 5 months old.they are called jasmine and tigerlilly and were born here after taking in a pregnant female. unfortunately jasmine was born with cataracts and although she can see ok at the moment, might go blind in the future. blind guinea pigs cope really well as long as they have suitable accomodation (single level hutch).photos of the girls are on the photo gallery.

thanks
tracey.

Tracey
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Female
Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:38 am

Hi Kelly,
Thank you for considering adopting rescue guinea pigs, if only more people would! Guinea pigs are very entertaining and with the wealth of information available on the internet and on here, you shouldn't have any problems. The pair of boy's Tracey mentioned are the ones i foster (i think) they are well adjusted, used to dogs and plenty of noise, not timid little things that hide in the hutch, because they are used to being around other guinea pigs (i've got 7 of my own) they can squeak for England when they hear a bag rattle!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down