Barnsley Animal Rescue Charity

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bird rescue

3 posters

Go down

Bird rescue Empty Bird rescue

Post by Westhall7 Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:37 pm

Here is a lovely story for those of you who would like more rescue stories. I run the bird rescue side of things at Barc. About two weeks ago two workmen turned up outside the house in a pick up truck. One of them got out and said "have you got room for a cockatiel", as usual I said okay, where is it ? I looked inside the truck and there sat on the shoulder of the young apprentice workman was a cockatiel, very happily preening itself. Panic set in, and I said don't open the door or it might fly again. No probs love, he put his hand straight over the cockatiel and passed it to me very carefully through the window. I took the slightly bedraggled bird into the aviary where it promptly began to eat like there was no tomorrow. It then promptly hopped onto my shoulder and sat there very contentedly. I knew at this point that it obviously belonged to someone who had spent hours with this bird. Next morning I went up to the aviary and straight away it hopped onto my shoulder again and was reluctant to leave me. About two hours later I received a call from South Yorkshire Lost and Found pet register (Anne Roberts) who does a wonderful job running a lost and found register for all south yorks. She said you didn't take a little cockatiel in last night did you? Straight away I knew that the owner was obviously taking every measure possible to find his little pet. Yes I said, it is really tame, and had flown down from a tree to land onto a young workman's shoulder. Aah well the chap who owns this little bird has been out most of the night looking for it with a torch, shining his torch into trees, and he is so upset. I rang him immediately, and Bingo it was his bird, and apparently it hardly ever goes into the cage, but sits on his shoulder most evenings watching tv with him, and even has its tea with him. He was so overcome with joy he said he had to sit down. The bird had escaped when it had flown upstairs and he had forgotten that he had opened one of the bedroom windows slightly. Phew, how lucky was he to get it back. It had flow 3 miles away from where he lived. When he came to pick up the little bird it immediately started whistling the tune from his mobile phone, and went crazy when it saw him. It is times like this that make the rescue worthwhile.

Westhall7
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Female
Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2010-08-18

Back to top Go down

Bird rescue Empty Re: Bird rescue

Post by louiset Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:35 pm

What a lovely story with a happy ending

louiset

Female
Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2010-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:57 pm

Aww, I did nothing but smile throughout the whole of that..
Brilliant ending ! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Benson Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:51 pm

I smiled simply cos i saw you here!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AMAZING!

nice to see you Wink dont be a stranger!
Sean Benson
Sean Benson
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2008-02-29

http://www.barnsleyanimalrescue.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content