Barnsley Animal Rescue Charity

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Update on Neo

3 posters

Go down

Update on Neo Empty Update on Neo

Post by brownie Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:02 pm

Well little Neo has been with me for nearly 3 weeks and he's really coming out of his shell! He's a right little live wire and has bags and bags of energy.
He's not known as Neo anymore...I wanted to change his name as he wasn't really reponding to it. So I tried lots of different names and there was one that he responded to every time. So he's now known as Stan.
He's settling into a routine well although he's occasionally naughty.... he has a habit of taking the toilet paper out of the bathroom and shredding it up all over the house. He really can't see the problem in it!!!
He's met lots of new dogs on the park and loves a good run with them on an evening and is picking up recall really well (with the help of his treats which I ALWAYS have with me!!)
We're doing the sponsered walk tomorrow in Leeds for the Dogs Trust so that should be an experience for him (and me!). I'm also taking my Dads dog with me so he should have a good time with Oscar the boxer.
We've enrolled on some behavioural classes which start in a couple of weeks which I think will do him the world of good. Although he learnt to 'sit' in the first few days of being here he's finding it hard to learn other commands...he gets really giddy when we start training and can't comcentrate!
He's met the neighbours' cat.... who bullied him a bit and made sure he knows she is boss. So now when he sees her on the garden wall he stands barking, as soon as she moves he dashes straight into the house and then barks from the safety of the kitchen. He's a right little comic!
All in all he's a great little dog and I'm so glad he's here.
I've tried to upload some snaps of him but can't do it scratch
brownie
brownie

Female
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-09-03

Back to top Go down

Update on Neo Empty Re: Update on Neo

Post by Sarah Laycock Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:30 am

Thats lovely to hear. So pleased that hes settled in and that his personality has come out. He was really lovely in the kennels.
Sarah Laycock
Sarah Laycock
Gifted Contirbutor
Gifted Contirbutor

Female
Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:53 pm

Keep us updated with his progress Alex, it's nice to hear how they get on in their new homes, his personallity was starting to change towards the end of his stay with us. Across from him inside was a young pup with a poorly leg (Charlie who is now in a foster home to have an extra bit of TLC) and when he saw Charlie he would go all giddy and want to play with him racing back and forth and going down in the play stance.

Back to top Go down

Post by brownie Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:50 pm

Update on Neo Dsc00912

I thought I'd try and master photos on here! It's a little bit on the large side but one step at a time! Well Stan (Neo) is well and truly settled here. I've had him 5 months and it feels like I've always had him. I love him to bits and wouldn't be without him! He's a great little dog. I think he might quite like a doggy friend now he's found his feet here so I (and Stan) will probably be visiting BARC again in the very near future....
brownie
brownie

Female
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-09-03

Back to top Go down

Update on Neo Empty Stan the Man

Post by milliemoo Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:36 am

Hiya,

he is still as cute as ever and im soo glad he has settled in - i dont have Sarah at work to update me anymore Sad so i look forward to your updates on the forum Smile

We rescued Millie five years ago and then came to BARC and rehomed Tiny Tim (Joey) just short of a year ago now and i can not believe we left it so long - im sure you will have lots of fun with two dogs just like we do and im sure you will find a great friend for him at the kennels (Have you seen Bella??)

Sally
x
milliemoo
milliemoo
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Female
Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2009-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:37 pm

He looks great. What a wonderful face he has.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down