Barnsley Animal Rescue Charity

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I WANT YOUR IDEAS!!!!!!

+4
henry's mum
furrykidz
Warley
Sean Benson
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

I WANT YOUR IDEAS!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: I WANT YOUR IDEAS!!!!!!

Post by Warley Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:41 am

OOhhh I like it lol!
Warley
Warley
Revered Contributor
Revered Contributor

Female
Number of posts : 375
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Benson Sat May 03, 2008 11:38 am

THANK YOU LADIES! I am back now and NO thankfully i dont get a copy of all your message when you post, although my 'Super-powers' enable me to forsee your menial human ramblings before you've even make them. After all I AM the 'Global Moderator!' ................(whatever that may be, Ill assume its good!!)

And of course having taken the 'Test' I am a pack leader! You wouldnt expect anything less would you drabs!

Very Happy lol!
Sean Benson
Sean Benson
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 541

http://www.barnsleyanimalrescue.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Benson Sat May 03, 2008 11:46 am

As far as my 'uniform' is concerned, here is a photo of me taken just last night!

I WANT YOUR IDEAS!!!!!! - Page 2 Zorro

Now thats concluded, if i were not such a gentleman I might wonder about the super outfits you two own, as you have both made it quite clear you are 'Wonder-Women'!!!!
Sean Benson
Sean Benson
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 03, 2008 1:52 pm

My dear dear Sean, when Antonio Banderas played Zoro his muscles were real, and very nice they were too, not sewn into the costume, i didn't want to hurt your feelings but - WHAT THE HELL! Twisted Evil
As for being a Wonder Woman, i'm actually wondering what you'd do if i wasn't here to pester your eyes out! And you might have past the test but you do have to have a pack to lead, if you like you can be my number 2 (?).

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Benson Sun May 04, 2008 12:39 am

I'll have you know under that tight lycra exterior are very real rippling muscles of steel! Of course the image above may appear to have sewn in muscles but that is simply a 'trick' of the light to the untrained eye.

And, thanks, but the idea of being anyones 'number 2' is a thought I can well do without for various reasons!!
Sean Benson
Sean Benson
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 04, 2008 1:42 pm

Yes well i've run my untrained eye over many a rippling muscle (not literally),Mr Benson, and i must say the way you hide yours is absolutely astounding! why one would believe that you were indeed, without any muscle tone what so ever, you really had me fooled lol!
As for being a number 2, well the offer was there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Benson Mon May 05, 2008 12:53 am

Cheeky pig! pig
Sean Benson
Sean Benson
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

I WANT YOUR IDEAS!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty An actual idea for you!!!!

Post by henry's mum Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:52 pm

hi, just joined and got V confused at how the subject got led away, anyway i have some suggestions for the original ideas posting. Lots of rescues organise, sponsored dog walks, and take some of the rescues with them, as if your dog takes a shine to a rescue dog out on a walk, how much more are you tempted to take him/her home???? Also lots do carboots/ sales/ galas/xmas party etc. If it were geared towards the dogs as well as people, you know games, activities. Good for all us mad owners out there who don't mind looking stupid for our pooches!!
A good game if having an event is doggy tombola. A box filled with balls, and the dog has to retrieve a ball with a number on it, and this number relates to a shelf/ box of toys/treats etc. Therefore the dog has won the prize. Support dogs did this with a mock washing machine at cawthawne and henry loved it he just kept running back and fetching them another ball!!. It cost me a fortune, but at £2 a go they will have raised loads. Plus rather than a dog show, how about a pooches olympics? Our centre is doing something more training related, but you could make it more fun and daft, by rather than all the dogs standing and being judged. Make it more like a puppy sports day. The best game i know is the carry a full cup of water in the same hand as the leash, WHILST both of you go over an obsticle course. You end up very wet, but the hilarity of these types of games ensure all have a great time. and you could still give prizes for 1/2/3rd but they could be for anything, most people would presume the 1st is the winner, but how about the dryest? slower dogs have a chance to win then??? Let me know if these ideas are any good, as i have tons more.
The same game is great if you replace the water for a wooden spoon with a markie on it, as not only does it keep falling off the spoon, but the dog tries to jump up for it, and if it falls it depends on who's fastest to get it!!! So the dogs who are well trained at heelwork but are gannets are as likely to loose as an untrained dog or young pup, ensuring that alls fair!!(The ones who cheat by holding the leash in the other hand are disqualified or have to start again!) Honestly, half the people can't do it for laughing, meaning the dogs aren't the problem it's the owners that are causing them to loose. Tons of fun and if accompanied by food/drinks for owners, in the intervals, or when your events aen't due, you culd raise a fortune!! Laughing Laughing Twisted Evil Idea Idea
I also have read both ceasar books, and cried like a baby at marley dying. Dreading that fateful day already and henry's not 3 til november. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
henry's mum
henry's mum

Female
Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Tracey Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:23 pm

hi henry's mum, there are some brilliant and fun sounding ideas there Smile

Tracey
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Female
Number of posts : 52

Back to top Go down

Post by irene marsh Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:04 am

How funny you lot are wait till I tell kennel girls and shop staff what a softie Sean is.Right fundraising day is Sun 5th april Rockingham Arms Wentworth 10am till 4pm you lot come and meet us Julie has a stall hopefully we do as well as the last time,we are taking Janns idea and doing "find the flea on the dog" also "put the grin on the chin".WE have been donated a huge Lab/Retriever toy which will be one prize we have massive tombola all prizes brand new all donated to Goldthorpe shop if I can get a table this time we have beautiful hand knitted blankets dog coats its gonna be great x

irene marsh

Female
Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2009-02-10

Back to top Go down

Post by irene marsh Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:31 pm

I hope im posting this in the right sectionI cant believe the weather its our dog show tomorrow look at that rain one of our helpers has already called off and she has got the tombola and gifts just Ann and myself as usual and not mentioning any names someone put an advert on facebook for Sunday not Saturday,
Well I dont care im going and its NOt going to RAIN and the TWO of us will have a fantastic time!!!

irene marsh

Female
Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2009-02-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:30 pm

I wondered if it would be a nice idea to take a photo of each dog with its new family as they leave and then posted here and/or the website? I always think its lovely to see the up side of rescue all the lovely dogs with their happy new owners

Lou x

Lou

Female
Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2009-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by john_hanson Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:18 pm

I've been discussing a similar idea with Sarah this evening. I think it would be difficult to get a picture with the families as they leave, as the dogs are picked up at all sorts of times, and in all sorts of weathers. There aren't always re-homing staff around, and keeping a camera up at the kennels is also a security risk.

My idea was that we should add a new section to the forum, and ask the families to keep us posted on how their new animals are doing. I agree that it's always nice to keep up with the rescue animals, and I love seeing pictures of the animals in their happy new homes Very Happy
john_hanson
john_hanson
Gifted Contirbutor
Gifted Contirbutor

Male
Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2009-04-03

http://www.johnhansonphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:37 pm

That's a nice idea John. It would be lovely to see how all the dogs are getting on in their new homes Smile

Lou

Female
Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2009-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Benson Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:27 am

John thats a good idea but would need instructions/invitation to the new owners telling them how to go about it.

I think everyone loves to see the progress of the good luck stories.

Great idea.
Sean Benson
Sean Benson
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by john_hanson Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:13 am

Ok no probs. If we add a 'Rescued Animals' section or something similar to the forum, then I'll knock up something we can hand out to the new family's
john_hanson
john_hanson
Gifted Contirbutor
Gifted Contirbutor

Male
Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2009-04-03

http://www.johnhansonphotography.com

Back to top Go down

I WANT YOUR IDEAS!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Ideas for forum, or a rescue fundraiser

Post by henry's mum Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:30 pm

hi,
Have been a bit busy with a very large 18.5kg JRT X 10 month old puppy!! I think her dad was an elephant!

I've had an idea (and posted others on another section about fundraising)
I've copied and downloaded loads of dog treat recipes for me to make for my 2 as I don't like buying treats as they have additives, plus Amber (the aforementioned elephant X) is being tested for allergies at the vets, so if I make my own I know whats in 'em. The idea came to me, as I'm trying them I'm transfering the good ones (as there are some duff ones out there) to make into a booklet for me to make it easier when baking them.
You could either have a section especially for these recipes, or even better make a little booklet with the recipies in to be sold at event, in the shops and at the rescue (maybe when the dogs are rehomed) for a reasonable fee. It's an idea a friend gave me a while back but I've been thinking about how to implement it, as I'd have to re-type them to be neat and consistant into a publisher set up template and get them printed out to make it viable as an item to sell. The cover could be part of a competition for kids to design the front cover to raise awareness, and possibly funds? Maybe get local schools involved.
It could be done in sections. there could be (rather than 1 large booklet) 3/4 thinner booklets for less cost so people are more willing to try it. I took me ages to find my 1st few recipes (a book bought as a gift) and once I'd made the 1st few there was no holding back, as not only are the treats healthier for the dog, cheaper for the owner, but also the ingredients can be adjusted for dogs with allergies to particullar ingredients. Once someone has bought their 1st booklet and made their 1st sucessfull batch, they will want more recipies (I did!). They will hopefully then come back and buy the next booklet. Each booklet could have say 10 recipes (as the book I was bought was about £6-£7 and has only 10-15 recipes although more professional than a booklet). This means that people might come back to the shop to buy the next booklet and go with something else too increasing sales. There's also the possibility of selling home baked dog treats at events, but they only keep for a couple of days or so in the fridge (if they last that long! Rolling Eyes ), which is why although selling the recipes is a one off its easier to manage and people feel they're getting more for their money. I don't know how much you'd sell the booklets for, maybe you could ask on the forum how much people would be willing to pay Question . But I'd be happy to compile a list of some of my favourite ones at the moment to get you started until I've tried more (my freezer will only take so many and family wouldn't be happy if all that was in there was dog treats!). I can use publisher but am not particularly good with computers so would happliy set up the basic text but if you wanted more 'arty' stuff you'd have to get someone else to look at it. If this is something you'd like me to start compling, e-mail me at shill11@hotmail.co.uk I love you
henry's mum
henry's mum

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Warley Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:10 am

That sounds llike a brill idea and I would definately buy one. If you need anymore recipes I have one for a doggy birthday cake which we make for Archie each year as well as some peanut butter dog biscuits - which taste quite nice (I know cos I've tried them, although I'm not brave enough to try the doggy birthday cake). Very Happy
Warley
Warley
Revered Contributor
Revered Contributor

Female
Number of posts : 375

Back to top Go down

I WANT YOUR IDEAS!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty doggy recipe booklets

Post by henry's mum Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:04 pm

Hi, thanks for your input.
Any recipies are welcome, as I've already had the rescue that my Amber came from interested in the concept too, mayflower-Bawtry. So it'd be no problem setting up the recipe pages for BARC too. Although they were a bit concerned about sales of baked biscuits and copyright (but the ones i use (mainly) are from web for all to see and are usually duplicated several times by different people). The idea is for several, each with 8-10 in and if recipes are donated by people rather than gleaned from web/books a bit of info on how dogs liked it, or any variations, as I used a base recipe and use different meats in it for different biscuits then we can credit each person with their recipe and put their name and recipe info with the recipe. I know I'd go down well as people from my training centre have suggested it, and said they'd happliy buy one if proceeds went to rescue too! I WANT YOUR IDEAS!!!!!! - Page 2 181382 I WANT YOUR IDEAS!!!!!! - Page 2 181382 I WANT YOUR IDEAS!!!!!! - Page 2 181382 Laughing Laughing
Anyone who wants to forward recipes to be included can do so to my email shill11@hotmail.co.uk Surprised Surprised

Please let me know if this is definately wanted for BARC and I'll set up a different set of recipes than the mayflowers ones so the booklets aren't duplicated, so that people who go to many events aren't buying copies of same booklet with different covers. Also if you could let me know who to email with the pages/recipes, so they can be printed/jigged about. Unless there's someone more tallented at the computer stuff as I'm not great at computers. Question Question
Thanks again Sandra
henry's mum
henry's mum

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Benson Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:09 am

sounds good to me - as long as there are no copyright issues.

Selling the finished article at a stall would also be fun i think!

Perhaps, knock something together and either email it to me or put it on the forum for us to have a look at please. if you dont mind!

Sean
Sean Benson
Sean Benson
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2