Barnsley Animal Rescue Charity

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please post all your fundraising ideas/games here!

+4
irene marsh
Sarah Laycock
roseybabe1047
Sean Benson
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Please post all your fundraising ideas/games here! Empty Please post all your fundraising ideas/games here!

Post by Sean Benson Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:32 pm

How about a malteser bash. The person running the stall puts a malteser down a tube and you had to try and bash it with a small plastic hammer as it rolled out the bottom, the kids loved it again if you managed to bash the malteser you won a small prize.

kids paddling pool with some ducks that you Please post all your fundraising ideas/games here! 420417 out with a small fishing net, numbers are painted on the bottom and if you retrieve an odd number u win a prize. Continued play is encouraged as multiple small prizes may traded in for a larger prize.

Toss a coin onto a horizontal board that has random marks on it.land between the lines/squares to win

"Pingpong Ball and Fish Bowl", players throw pingpong balls at a table filled with rows of empty small Please post all your fundraising ideas/games here! 420417 bowls.

"Balloon and Dart" game, throw a dart at the target to win

Face painting

I like these as they add a dimension of activity (and skill?) to the proceedings!
Sean Benson
Sean Benson
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2008-02-29

http://www.barnsleyanimalrescue.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Please post all your fundraising ideas/games here! Empty Re: Please post all your fundraising ideas/games here!

Post by roseybabe1047 Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:43 pm

I have hand made cards you can sell to add to the funds.I haven't been on the site for a while no excuse only laziness, Warley pointed this out to me on Sunday.

roseybabe1047

Female
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Please post all your fundraising ideas/games here! Empty Re: Please post all your fundraising ideas/games here!

Post by Sean Benson Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:56 pm

Hi Roseybabe!

Glad to see you back! We do sell handmade cards in our shops too, from time to time, although those are usually made by Angela and Tracey the bunny girls.

Im sure Irene will be glad to speak to you though. Drop her a personal message and I'll get her to respond to you in the meantime.

Thanks again.

Sean
Sean Benson
Sean Benson
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Laycock Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:08 am

Do we have a table at the Rotherham Show?
Sarah Laycock
Sarah Laycock
Gifted Contirbutor
Gifted Contirbutor

Female
Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by irene marsh Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:25 am

Hiya Sean/everyone so pleased to see all the comments on fundraising some great ideas coming in, Rosey/babe we have a few people making homemade cards and they sell like hot cakes,if you have any we can sell at the shows that will be brill. The next show is at Kiveton Park on the 24th May,then our own dog show at the Barnburgh show on the 6th June five classes + best in show our beloved chairman Sean hopefully will be a judge,the classes are:CHILD HANDLER UNDER 12YRS-HANDSOME HUNK(MALE)-FANCIEST FEMALE-BEST RESCUE DOG(BOTH SEXES)-HAPPIEST DOG(BOTH SEXES) BEST IN SHOW:COME BRING YOUR POOCHES X

irene marsh

Female
Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2009-02-10

Back to top Go down

Post by irene marsh Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:28 am

Hi sarah,no we dont have a stall at the Rotherham show,I dont have any details about this one,no dates no contact number,have you any ideas. x

irene marsh

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Laycock Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:13 am

Hi Irene

I don't have any details but I will try to find out.
Sarah Laycock
Sarah Laycock
Gifted Contirbutor
Gifted Contirbutor

Female

Back to top Go down

Please post all your fundraising ideas/games here! Empty Fashion Show

Post by irene marsh Tue May 05, 2009 2:41 pm

Hi Sarah,ive decided we ARE going to do a fashion show I have contacted Andrea(my little darling at the kennels) we are just deciding on place and date and of course you are to be one of the models we intend to get all the kennel girls involved I of course will be doing my bit serving tea & coffee.....watch this space! x

irene marsh

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Warley Wed May 06, 2009 2:52 am

I'll be happy to help. Just give me a shout Smile
Warley
Warley
Revered Contributor
Revered Contributor

Female
Number of posts : 375

Back to top Go down

Post by irene marsh Thu May 07, 2009 2:13 pm

Hi Warley im so sorry I dont know your first name thanks for your offer of help and you wont be ignored consider yourself included, will let you know whats happening x

irene marsh

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Laycock Fri May 08, 2009 9:18 am

Hi Irene

I will happily collect in the supermarket and help with tea, coffee, showing people to their seats or anything else at the fashion show.

Really sorry but i don't want to be a model though. Maybe Tom would like to be involved, i'll ask him to do it.

Sarah
Sarah Laycock
Sarah Laycock
Gifted Contirbutor
Gifted Contirbutor

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Benson Fri May 08, 2009 1:10 pm

Hi Ladies,

Please plan the event with a minimum of 6 weeks notice and make sure you press Andrew for some marketting support and advice!
Sean Benson
Sean Benson
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 09, 2009 10:22 am

Oh my god!! You'll never get him off the stage! his head will explode with vain-ness, My life will be hell and it's bad enough working with god's gift now!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Laycock Sun May 10, 2009 2:35 am

Yes, but you know how he likes to wear a dress!
Sarah Laycock
Sarah Laycock
Gifted Contirbutor
Gifted Contirbutor

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by irene marsh Mon May 25, 2009 4:44 pm

Hello just to say the Barnburgh show is getting closer hope you are all bringing you pooches last registration 1 45pm dog show starts 2pm sharp.

Also on June 21st my hubby & daughter are doing the Jane Tomlinson 10k run in Leeds we need sponsors the forms are circulating now and if anyone would like to donate please feel free.

We are also collecting raffle prizes and are having a huge raffle hopefully to be drawn at Barnburgh Show any help there would be appreciated x

irene marsh

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Warley Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:01 am

Any news on the Fashion Show? Also, will BARC be having a Chistmas Fayre anywhere - its only 127 days till Chirstmas Very Happy
Warley
Warley
Revered Contributor
Revered Contributor

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:17 pm

OOOOOOO another star Karlie kins, your now a revered contributor, well done!
NO nothing, and shut up about Christmas or you'll be back down to one star lady!

Back to top Go down

Post by Warley Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:33 am

Better not tell you've ive almost finished my xmas shopping then Very Happy
Warley
Warley
Revered Contributor
Revered Contributor

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Laycock Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:38 pm

Please dont talk about christmas yet, its scary!!
Sarah Laycock
Sarah Laycock
Gifted Contirbutor
Gifted Contirbutor

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Benson Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:09 am

who was planning the Fashion show anyway??
Sean Benson
Sean Benson
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:13 pm

Sarah can we make sure that we get a new lock on the shed, he's out again!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Benson Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:58 am

thanks for the wit darbble now answer the question
Sean Benson
Sean Benson
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by glenda bott Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:12 am

Shaun,my name is Glenda and I am a volunteer at the Goldthorpe shop and have been for 6 years,I`ve also been involved in fund raising over the past few years.
One of my contacts e mailed me sat asking if we would like to book a stall at her fayre at Elsecar Heritage on 31st January.People come from all over the country to this particular fayre and each time they have one they choose a suitable charity.........They have chosen BARC.
I have said yes to their invite but cannot hope to do it on my own.May I have your permission to go ahead with this venue and perhaps some of the exec commitee would like to give up some of their valuable time to help run a stall or put up a display of our animals and be around to answer questions.Toni the organiser of this fayre has suggested a tombola always makes lots of money and I am quite willing to organise that....I hope i`m not treading on anyones toes!!!!!!!!
It is a very good day with a massive turnout of visitors......I went last time this is when I spoke to Toni and gave her my Email no.....looking forward to your reply
yours sincerely
Glenda Bott email:glendabott@hotmail.co.uk

glenda bott

Female
Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Benson Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:13 am

Sounds like a good idea Glenda. I cant vouch for who might be available on that date but im sure we can drum together a team to run a stall for a few hours between us.

Get the ball rolling and let me know how it goes. Im sure there are plenty of people here on the forum who would like to help too!
Sean Benson
Sean Benson
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by glenda bott Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:19 pm

Thanks for your quick reply Sean,I will now go ahead and get organised for January.I will keep you informed as I go along.I`ve already had an email from Toni and we are keeping each other informed of progress.
I would also like to say that I am very impressed with the idea of a re-vamp of our logo,I`ll get my thinking cap on as I use to teach graphic design many moons ago!!!!!!! Glenda.

glenda bott

Female
Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next