Barnsley Animal Rescue Charity

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

February Meeting

2 posters

Go down

February Meeting Empty February Meeting

Post by Guest Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:48 am

Tonight is the February meeting, held at the Rockingham Arms, Wentworth at 7pm. Please feel free to come along, we usually discuss how the shops are trading, how many dogs we have rehomed and such business as that. The meeting ususally lasts about an hour, providing we can shut Benson up!!

Back to top Go down

February Meeting Empty Re: February Meeting

Post by Jann Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:04 am

Really sorry to have missed the meeting - I was building a stable for a rescue horse who is arriving at the weekend.
Hope you all had a good time - hope to see you next time Smile

Jann
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Female
Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:54 pm

We'll let you off then, as scene as it was for the good of a rescue animal and not that you fancied a nice long soak in a hot bath........................I was just going to put that i can't remember the last time i had one of those, but no doubt smart mouth will have something to say Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Benson Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:31 pm

pork chops!
Sean Benson
Sean Benson
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2008-02-29

http://www.barnsleyanimalrescue.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:25 pm

No dear, this is the forum not the dinner menu Rolling Eyes it's his age you know, he's not handling 40 very well, it's the small brain thing..........think Father Jack on Father Ted, he's not far off.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jann Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:36 am

Ha ha ha ha ...... drab - now you've done it! All I can see when I see the name Sean Benson is Father Jack!! ROFL

Jann
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Benson Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:30 pm

charming! How to make friends and influence people huh? Obviously from the diplomatic corps!
Sean Benson
Sean Benson
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:19 am

Yes you sat next to me remember ! February Meeting 903709

Back to top Go down

Post by Jann Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:26 am

I have a new boy to look after ..... the rescued horse arrived!!

He is with me on loan to see how he settles - he is a 10yr old 17hh tb - dark bay .... SOOOOO handsom - and a sweet natured chap he is too

His owner, a really kind lady who has 6 other horses, saw him in a horse sale last year ... a bag of bones and covered in rain scald scabs. She took pity on him and saved him from the meat man, but does not have time to give him the tlc he needs (though she has already done a wonderful job in getting him almost back up to good health - he has gained weight and a lot of his scabs have cleared up) so ... we collected him yesterday and brought him home.

Ben, my stallion, who has been poorly and was giving me great cause for concern because of his age and because he seemed so depressed and was walking around so slowly like an old man (he is 22) suddenly switched back into a hot blooded testosterone filled stallion and the stables we built last week were certainly put to the test when he was prancing up and down and pushing his full weight on his chest onto the sides!! He was making absolutely sure that his wee pal, the shetland pony 'Noddy' was not going to have anything to do with this new kid on the block - Noddy just rolled his eyes and sulked while Ben strutted his stuff Lol

The new boy (Captain Bailey, Captain or Cap for short ) totally ignored the fire breathing coloured stallion and calmly stood eating his hay

I am hoping Ben has not over excited himself and will be stiff and sore again today ... will update later

Jann
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Benson Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:35 am

look forward to hearing how that develops Jann. Sounds good though. Where do you keep him, is it at home or nearby??
Sean Benson
Sean Benson
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Jann Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:18 am

The new boy and my stallion have made friends Smile and now all three of them are allowed out in the paddock together ... they had a great time in the warm sunshine yesterday - the new boy, Cap, and wee Noddy played and rolled and charged around like idiots ... Ben the stallion kept a beady eye on them to make sure they behaved lol

I have a barn and a paddock just up the lane from the farm where I am staying Sean - so only minutes away - and my potty dogs come up thee with me and have a great time! bounce

Jann
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down