Barnsley Animal Rescue Charity

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BARC Meeting

3 posters

Go down

BARC Meeting Empty BARC Meeting

Post by Sean Benson Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:48 pm

7pm Rockingham Arms Wentworth is the time & date for our next monthly meeting. Come and meet some new faces, have a laugh and a drink. cat
Sean Benson
Sean Benson
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2008-02-29

http://www.barnsleyanimalrescue.org.uk

Back to top Go down

BARC Meeting Empty Re: BARC Meeting

Post by furrykidz Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:21 am

hi sean you havnt said what the date is for the meeting as i would like to attend. thanks xx
furrykidz
furrykidz

Female
Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:07 am

Hi Lisa, I think the meeting is on Tuesday the 24th at 6.30p.m. but i'm sure Sean will confirm or conflict, typical man half a job, Rolling Eyes at least he got the place right! (He makes it sound like a singles club) I'll be there and i'll also be at the flower arranging evening on Tuesday 17th June at the Rockingham arms as well, there is details about tickets and stuff on the general section. flower

Back to top Go down

Post by furrykidz Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:02 pm

oh cheers for that julie.(hope you had a good holiday by the way!) only would it be ok if i turned up at about 7~7.15pm as i have a couple of neddy's to put to bed. really would like to be there. Smile
furrykidz
furrykidz

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:30 pm

Hi Lisa,
The meeting is this Tuesday the 17th June at 6.30pm at the Rockingham Arms, Wentworth since the flower evening has been cancelled they've moved the meeting forward a week.
I had planned to go to the pictures to watch Sex in the City with Mossy's other half but that will have to wait, anyway i hope you can make it, I'll be the stunningly gorgeous, tall, leggy blonde with the amazing tan - ok the little mousy haired one, with a tan and apparently i haven't got a big bum i'm BOOTYLICIOUS!! (IF Byonce and J LO can drag there's about and call it that, so can I) lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Benson Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:53 pm

Hi Lisa,

Apologies for not responding to your message, I simply overlooked it, but thanks to Drabs for pointing out its now on the 17th! I'll resist temptation to pass comment on Drab's self assessment!! AlthoughI hear her friends call her MARDYLICIOUS - whateve that means????
lol!
Sean Benson
Sean Benson
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:02 pm

Its better than LARDYLICIOUS!
And we both know who that could be and for once its not you!! Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by furrykidz Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:59 pm

Cheers chaps. well should i turn up with a flower in my lapel? actually you,ll know who i am i,m the aneamic glow in the dark short and stout one stinking proberbly of ex horse products. i.e. fly repellent (yes i know what you were thinking..) and hmm.. maybe some of the other stuff. i,m kidding really.

no seriously i,m really looking forward to meeting you all putting faces to forums. see you all then. xxx bounce
furrykidz
furrykidz

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:13 am

Well mine's not bad, but you might need therapy when you've met the other half of the forum duo! alien
It'll be nice to meet you too, and if anybody else would like to see what we look like I'll be on page 3 of the Sun on Wednesday and Benson will be on page 3 on Thursday. BARC Meeting 198847

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:33 am

Sorry Lisa for all this messing about, The meeting IS next Tuesday the 24th of June at 6.30pm at the Rockingham Arms, Wentworth.
Its a good job your not paranoid or you'd think we didn't want you to come!! Very Happy
But i'm still in the Sun on Wednesday! lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by furrykidz Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:28 pm

WHAT DO YOU MEAN I,M NOT PARANOID!! Shocked Its because i smell isn,t it, WELL ISN,T IT?

Sorry had a manic moment its been a long day working in stockport. firstly getting there an hour late cos i got lost. (sat nav i hear you say!) no wasn,t using that cos it needs updating and probably would have ended up at Lands End. But also cos i took the wrong turning coming back. (I know you didnt need to know this but thought i,d tell you anyway). I,m not PARANOID really. Oh i,ll be in the WANTED adds tommorrow by the way. affraid
furrykidz
furrykidz

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:13 pm

Benson appologises for giving out incorrect information with regards to to BARC meeting, but he is after all only a man and was probably thinking or doing something else at the time which, everyone knows men can't multi-task!!
Exactly how many animals do you have?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Benson Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:33 pm

Thank you for that Drab! However at the time of writing it was going to be the 17th as the Flower event was cancelled and the meeting could have been reinstated. However after debate it was thought to be too littel notice so left at the irregular date of the 24th BARC Meeting 768284 so there!
Sean Benson
Sean Benson
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Warley Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:19 pm

Well, after all that reading about which date the meeting is, it turns out I can't make it as Im off for a night at the dogs. Ive never been to the dogs before but it should be a good night, also, Greyhound Rescue will be their collecting donations for their charity. It would have been nice to meet you all so for the next meeting I shall make an extra effort to get there BARC Meeting 254321
Warley
Warley
Revered Contributor
Revered Contributor

Female
Number of posts : 375

Back to top Go down

Post by furrykidz Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:29 pm

it,ll all turn out in the wash as they say. infact idont know who said that and who they are??? anyway i digress.
i,ve only got 7 animals now plus one looking future adopted one (little one eyed naughty shetland) but this time last year i darent even tell you how many i had but they were all rescued i brought them back to health and found they lovely new homes.

heres the run down:
2 x yorkie terrors 'poppet' whos 3.5 yrs and 'gizzy' (the barc dog) whos about 109yrs.
1 x ginger and white kidney diseased cat 'jimmy' whos 17ish (rescued 2yrs ago was only supossed to live couple of months)
1 x parakeet 'percy popadom' (cos he loves em) whos 6 yrs
2 x lionhead bunnies 'ezra' and 'enrique' (hes very handsom!) they are father and son 3,5yrs and 2.5yrs
1 x gypsy cob 'farah' whos 10 (nicknamed ermintrude) whos very much a people horse and just needs a headscarf and a pinny on and gets in on all the gossip. (one for you there drab!)
and finally another possible candidate 1 x naughty shetland and yes he has one eye 'pepper' (mr pepperpot) whos 16/17

all these furrys are rescues and are now permantly staying with me. i can tell you its a bit of a tight squeeze in bed.
furrykidz
furrykidz

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:03 am

WARLEY
I know i'm only going to be giving Benson bullets to fire here but, i've been to the dogs loads of times, I usually go with the girls from work and we always have a great night, if there's a lot of you try to get there early to get a table (this is at Owleton) as they are quickly taken.
As for the meeting, please feel free to come as and when its convenient, as Lisa said it would be nice to put faces to names.
FURRYKIDZ
Oh i so like the sound of Farah, at least my lot are small, you've got your own little rescue going off haven't you. Well done you! people like you, that take on animals with illness and disabilities are priceless not only do you give these animals a good quality of life (and extended like Jimmy) but it stops them from going into rescue where they might get overlooked because although people want to help rescued animals, they don't always have the income to support ongoing special requirements.
BARC Meeting 820685

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Benson Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:50 pm

FURRYKIDZ
I completely agree with Drab for once and echo her comments. Bravo for you! Keep up the good work!!

DRABS
You've been going to the dogs for the last few years now have'nt you!!!!! Wink
Sean Benson
Sean Benson
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down