Barnsley Animal Rescue Charity

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

2 posters

Go down

MERRY CHRISTMAS! Empty MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Post by Guest Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:54 pm

I would like to wish you all a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR! santa
Thank you for all your posts and keeping the forum going when i'm unable to log on, for sharing your hints, tips and experiences and for making this forum fun!
Thanks to members new and old (karlie) for your continued support Wink
Benson also passes on his thanks and apologise for his lack of imput, insults and posts over the last few months but he has been extremely busy with work and BARC related matters, he is still alive.

Our carrots and reindeer food are out, so is the bucket of water for the reindeers to have a drink.
We don't have a chimney so he has to land in the garden - just incase you were wondering who climbed onto the roof!!
rendeer rendeer rendeer rendeer rendeer rendeer rendeer rendeer rendeer

Back to top Go down

MERRY CHRISTMAS! Empty Re: MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Post by Guest Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:59 am

Well, we survived Christmas, I can't vouch for Boxing day because......I sort of......had a bit of a memory lapse drunken ........It is a time honoured tradition that i go out with my sister in law and cousin we have done this for 22yrs. i'm not saying anymore than that - except it wasn't ALL my fault and anyone who went to my sister-in-laws flower shop on Saturday saw the culprit and the state she was in!
I had completley recovered by the time i had to go to work on Saturday, thank god!
Amelia managed to stay in bed the whole of Christmas eve this year, last year she was up constantly at 45 minute intervals, and Matthew slept like a log as usual even thought he kept wanting to go to bed from 6pm.
Ian has been off work so its been roll reversals with him looking after the kids and today is my first day off (other than Boxing day but we aren't mentioning that - well i'm not but he keeps bringing it up).
Sam did a pre Christmas present raid at my mothers where he succesfully sniffed out a box of Roses and a Box of M&S chocolate biscuits, he did open the roses and we let him have one for his effort - it was very entertaining.
Nancy has had a few days of 'jelly dog' where she hides, but we ignore her and she gets over it. All the guineas are fine and so are the MERRY CHRISTMAS! 420417.
Norman the foster guinea pig likes to sit on your knee looking around all day, he could get down and go for a wander but he likes to be centre of attention, I think he thinks he's one of those handbag dogs.
We're off next door at New years eve Di always has a party for family, and we are sort of extended family - ok neighbours from hell, but same thing this years theme is the Wild West so that should be fun, although i will be back to my tee total self. Embarassed

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:46 am

sounds like your christmas has been fun ... Laughing Laughing

well ... happy new year ...

and DONT get too drunk Rolling Eyes Laughing Laughing

Angie

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Warley Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:50 am

We had a lovely Christmas too. Im a big kid really and normally want to be up early so I can sympathise with Amelia. However this year I was lovely and toasty in bed and it was Paul who wanted to get up. We crawled out of bed at 06.30hrs which is late for me! I think Archie enjoyed his day - he got more prezzies than me and Paul Shocked most of which have now either been eaten or torn to pieces.

Our big surprise was the week before Christmas, I went to buy a collapsable cage for Archie as he has started being a little funny about people he doesn't know coming to the house. We don't really have many visitors (its not because we are not that popular we just normally go to visit other people Laughing) so the idea is that we can just put the cage up and pop him in it when people come round. My idea was to put the cage up and leave it for a couple of days with the door open for him to get use to it then maybe try to train him to go it with treats etc. I thought it was going to take a couple of days but I as soon as I put it up he was in it and rolling around on his back. He even barked at me when I told him to come out of it. He was not bothered by it at all and seemed to enjoy being in there, not even phased by me shutting him in it. I felt a bit guilty when we put it down. If it wasn't so big he could have it up all the time but you can get me and Archie in the cage together and still have room!

Ive been back at work since Monday and I am already wanting another holiday. So much so I have already booked next week off Very Happy Paul doesn't go back to work until the 12th so it should be nice to have a week together without having to go anywhere.

The only difference in our household is Paul's new hobbie. The baby biorb MERRY CHRISTMAS! 420417 tank I won has now made him want to develop his own tropical aquarium. We now have a 110litre tank in the process of being set-up ready for tropical MERRY CHRISTMAS! 420417. I shall keep you posted which Im sure you are all thrilled about. Laughing
Warley
Warley
Revered Contributor
Revered Contributor

Female
Number of posts : 375
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:38 pm

There are always lessons to be learn't in life Karlie, and the lesson you should have learnt from this is ALWAYS CHECK THAT THE PRISE IS WORTH HAVING BEFORE YOU ENTER THE COMPETITION!Odds on if its useless rubbish - you'll win!
I'm not MERRY CHRISTMAS! 420417 fond myself even though we have Nemo and Tom Gurgle, hopefully Paul wont have the same terrible accident i had with the tank syphone, a bucket and lovely gold MERRY CHRISTMAS! 420417 pooie water Rolling Eyes .
Or maybe he will, you can post it on here and we'll all type supportive messages while howling with laughter Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down