Barnsley Animal Rescue Charity

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In desperate need of bedding (:

+2
alibongo
Caroline
6 posters

Go down

In desperate need of bedding (: Empty In desperate need of bedding (:

Post by Guest Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:01 am

In desperate need for bedding and towels at the kennels if anyone can kindly donate any. Doggies are very grateful for anything to keep them warm in winter Smile

Thank-you Very Happy

Back to top Go down

In desperate need of bedding (: Empty Re: In desperate need of bedding (:

Post by Caroline Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:01 pm

I dropped a couple of bags off yesterday with towels and bedding I hope they help keep them warm this horrible winter. I had a look at the dogs while I was there, It is so hard to walk away from them. I hope they are adopted soon. So sad to see Milly still there bless her

Caroline

Female
Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2009-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by alibongo Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:15 am

I took some bedding and food etc last weekend. Can we volunteer to wash the bedding for BARC?

alibongo

Female
Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2010-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post by andrea29 Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:52 am

Hi,

Ive got a few things that need dropping off, what times can i drop it off and last year you also put that you needed newspapers is that the same this year??

I'm hoping to drop off tomorrow if possible just need times.

Andrea
andrea29
andrea29

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-12-20

Back to top Go down

In desperate need of bedding (: Empty Offer of skills

Post by henry's mum Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:33 pm

hi, I make dog coats and collars, and a couple of years ago made loads for several rescues (about 400 coats in total split over 5 or 6 rescue centres)- i dropped a some off for you too! Very Happy
I can't afford to buy fabric Embarassed , but if someone could donate some fabric- fleece is the best for in kennels especially overnight, as its lightweight but warm, washes well and drys quickly. If available some waterproof, for coats for walking the dogs to keep them dry in the first place would be usefull- I'd be happy to make some. In this weather my 2 have a simple fleece coat on overnight (covers chest too, and velcros on back) it means that the dog will be warm all the time, as no matter where they move to they have a warm coat on! Blankets are great for snuggling, but having volunteered at a rescue, I know many dogs dig their beds so the blankets end up strewn on the floor, in the wet and urine/poo. Shocked A coat is fastened on, so the dog is always warm, I could attach press studs if sent some. Although velcro is usually more than enough to stop the potential escapee, it stands up to my 2 play fighting on the field, and they play really rough and mouth each other! Twisted Evil
All I'd need is some fabric- cheap fleece blankets are great, and cheap enough from supermarkets/primark- a standard blanket would make approx 4 med sized coats if single layered, I do sometimes double layer them as the cheap fleece is quite thin. (I don't mind supplying thread, time and velcro- as although expensive, you don't need that much per coat) andI;d need a rough estimate of sizes needed i.e. 4med/staffy sized 2 GSD/large sized. I have chest protector coat pattern for med or med to lge dog, and standard coat pattern from puppy/JRT sizes all the way up to german shepherd. I also have a coat that you put on like a reverse coat that zips up the back, but many dogs would find the zip uncomfortable if they lay on it!! I do intend making some out of my fabric stash to donate, but I do like to donate to several rescues, which means there'd only be a couple per rescue by the time I'd run out of cash for fabric, and I can't afford to buy the rubbercoated stuff I use for outer coats to donate, (its reasonable at P J textiles at £3.99yd) but still quite expensive as that would only do 2 possibly 3 full covered medium coats. Split that over several rescues and you see why I can't afford to buy that Crying or Very sad , the fleece ones are better as they do dry quicker and can be worn overnight. There's also the option if someone wanted to buy a packet of the fabric waterproofer, and put a full load of fleece coats in the washer to waterproof them, they'd them double as outer wear coats!!!
Anyway I get off the subject. Rolling Eyes The offer stands. If someone can get me some fabric I'd be happy to spend the time making them, and drop them off! Laughing
henry's mum
henry's mum

Female
Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by alibongo Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:43 am

Hi everyone. A colleague of mine has just said that Asda are selling fleece blankets for £2 each, and she estimates that they are about a metre sq, so if anyone is popping in there, it might be worth buying one for the coats, etc.

Last time I sent in a post, I asked if volunteers could wash and dry blankets, coats, etc, because of the rising costs of doing this to the sanctuary. Can we does anyone know?

alibongo

Female
Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2010-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Benson Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:37 am

Unfortunately a domestic washing machine does not kill all the micro bacterai that are present in industrial kennel. This is one of the main reasons we went away from washing, not just cost and time.

Sorry about that but it was very kind of you to offer.

Thank you
Sean Benson
Sean Benson
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2008-02-29

http://www.barnsleyanimalrescue.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by staceyh8280 Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:19 pm

Are jumpers ok too?

staceyh8280

Female
Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2011-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:52 am

Hi stacey, Jumpers are fine Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by staceyh8280 Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:42 am

Thanks.. I'm off to sort clothes, and everything out now.. will ask on facebook if anyone has anything either, alot of people dont have transport but we do so we can collect and bring it in Smile

staceyh8280

Female
Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2011-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down