Barnsley Animal Rescue Charity

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

our new headtilt bunny (some people may find pics upsetting)

Go down

our new headtilt bunny (some people may find pics upsetting) Empty our new headtilt bunny (some people may find pics upsetting)

Post by Angie Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:55 pm

yesterday i took this bunny from a well known pet store who has an adoption section .
She was up for adoption along with her little friend .

i was worried that they might be there for ever or that they would go to someone who wouldnt realise that she was a disabled bunny ... so i brought them home with me .

She has had a parasite infection in her brain which has left her with head tilt . it is probable that her head will be sideways like this now for the rest of her life .
She will adapt and learn to live with her disability but will need some special care and she will need to live indoors and have a well thought out living area .

our new headtilt bunny (some people may find pics upsetting) 2005_0122SEPTEMBER20100013

BARC will now take care of this bunny and either find her a special experienced home or keep her with us .

Angie

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

our new headtilt bunny (some people may find pics upsetting) Empty Re: our new headtilt bunny (some people may find pics upsetting)

Post by Guest Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:00 am

My sisters bunny had this.. We never knew you could keep them like this! the vet recommended us to PTS Sad it was the hardest thing ever, wish we had done more research into it.. She might have still been here today. Hope she finds a lovely new home SmileVery Happy xx

Back to top Go down

our new headtilt bunny (some people may find pics upsetting) Empty Re: our new headtilt bunny (some people may find pics upsetting)

Post by Angie Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:54 pm

truffleshuffle wrote:My sisters bunny had this.. We never knew you could keep them like this! the vet recommended us to PTS Sad it was the hardest thing ever, wish we had done more research into it.. She might have still been here today. Hope she finds a lovely new home SmileVery Happy xx

it does depend on the bunny how well they adapt ...and it depends if the parasite has done any other damage as it can also infect the liver , kidneys and eyes . Sometimes the head will right itself with the right treatment but if this is going to happen you usualy see improvement in the first week .

although this buns headtilt is realy bad she seems otherwise healthy and she seems to be copeing realy well ..

however she will probably never be a normal bunny now ...and wouldnt be able to live as an outdoor bun

Angie

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down