Barnsley Animal Rescue Charity

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

dog expert?

5 posters

Go down

dog expert? Empty dog expert?

Post by Caroline Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:14 am

Can any one help? I need a dog expert that can assist with the court case against Harvey. We went to court today and they cannot decide if the mark on the girls leg is a bite or a scratch from claws. I have seen the photo of the mark and you can plainly see that it is a claw mark. When I pointed out that the mark is so small it could not have been made by Harveys masive jaws, the solicitor says that if we could get an expert opinion it may help our case. I have suggested photographing Harveys mouth and teeth and measuring also to compare against the photo. I would appreciate any help at all with this. As you know Harvey is one of the most timid dogs ever and all he is guilty of is wanting a fuss. We are back in court on the 12th October

Caroline

Caroline

Female
Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2009-06-07

Back to top Go down

dog expert? Empty Re: dog expert?

Post by Sarah Laycock Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:04 am

Hi Caroline

I cant believe this is happening to Harvey, he is such a good natured dog. He was my first favourite at the kennels. Has your solicitor recommended what type of "expert" you need? There are some great dog trainers out there, we have used Janice Jackson before and Brian at Dog Whispers is fantastic. Maybe one of them could assess Harveys behaviour if that would help?

pm me if there is anything I can do personally

Fingers crossed

Sarah

Last edited by Sarah Laycock on Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:04 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling mistake)
Sarah Laycock
Sarah Laycock
Gifted Contirbutor
Gifted Contirbutor

Female
Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:58 am

Thank you Sarah
If you could P.M me with the details of the two people you mentioned it would be great thank you. Also as you say that Harvey was one of your favourites at the kennels could I possibly give the solicitor your number if he would like to speak to you about him? He did ask about speaking to some one at the kennels regarding Harvey. Thank you

Caroline

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Westhall7 Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:44 am

Hello Caroline

Perhaps you could contact a vet regarding the mark, as to the size of it, I am sure a vet would be able to say whether it was a bite or a claw mark

Westhall7
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Female
Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2010-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:45 am

Thank you
the solicitor has the photographic evidence so maybe that would be another avenue we could go down

Caroline

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Westhall7 Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:57 am

Also if as Sarah says he was so good in the kennels then perhaps she can give testimony to that effect as she knew him well when she worked for Barc. Surely that must go a long way to helping his temperament reference.

Westhall7
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Female
Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2010-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Laycock Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:42 am

Have pm you my details

Sarah
Sarah Laycock
Sarah Laycock
Gifted Contirbutor
Gifted Contirbutor

Female
Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

dog expert? Empty this really gets my blood boiling!

Post by henry's mum Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:45 pm

hi, I really sympathise with you and Harvey Sad . I have a friend who's going through the same thing with her collie. The woman delivering junk mail unsolicited opened the gate onto her dog and she, rightly so, jumped up (having been hit by the gate!!) and in the process scratched the womans chest- So obviously a scratch- she's claiming she was bitten and thet the NHS couldn't treat her she had to go private. That the dog is dangerous, should be muzzled and isn't trained. she'd one of the mildest, well trained dogs I've ever met. The woman even kept coming back baiting the dog in the garden so she could get footage later of her 'attacking' her through the fence!! Its these no win no fee companies Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad . People don't think about the consequences of their actions, its the dog that get a bad reputation (if its lucky). Luckily she attends a training centre where things are computerised, and they've printed out a list of the 140 different classes she's attended over the last few years. Our behaviourist has written a letter indicating that she's a well behaved dog with no aggression at all, and in her 25yrs experience doesn't believe that she has bitten this woman. I can't get how they believe this woman!! for 1 you can't get bitten on the chest its an impossibility, the dogs jaws won't open that wide. No wonder she woldn't go to the NHS they'd have laughed her out of the hospital! she apparently needs cosmetic surgery for 2 scratches- i must be the elephant man then with 2 dogs who jump up at me, permenantly covered in scratches and bruises- to the point my doctor has asked on more than one occassion where they come from as if I'm being abused or self harming!!I must need real reconstructive surgery Laughing It really makes my blood boil to think people out there will lie to try to make money! Mad Mad Its worse when they presume a dog is aggressive because of its breed/size, but in the case of most child and dog cases its generally the child that frightens the dog n the 1st place. I can't recall how many times I've had to tell peoples parents to NOT let their children run over to my dogs! To control their children, and teach them not to pet a strange dog, especially without permission! It one of the 1st things we were taught as kids!
If push comes to shove my friends dog is going to become 'lost' at my house (in another county) for a few months (hence no names) and then she's going to adopt another collie that just happenend to have a similar name!! Hopefully it won't come to that as she's insured and they're fighting the case, but its an idea to have someone on standby just incase he gets 'lost' if it were to go pear shaped! - i don't know what the protocol is re this sort of thing but our behaviourist suggested her potential dissappearance, stating that they'd have to find her 1st in case it all went wrong! pale pale It really makes me mad when we try to control our dogs- they never prosecute the bad owners who actively try to make their dogs aggressive- I suppose they give those a wide birth so don't get scratched!! A neighbours dog attacks other dogs- he's been told to either muzzle him or keep in a long lead twice by the dog warden, but he doesn't, he'll wait til it bites a human then be upset! He's not being prosecuted, because its ONLY a dog its bitten! I could rant on for hours but I won't-
All I can say is my thoughts are with you, and bear in mind his running away, just incase! as they haven't even stated the breed in my friends case, just make sure they don't get any pics of him then you can readopt another dog, who 'just happened to be similar' a few months later!! Very Happy Very Happy Please keep us informed of the outcome, as this kind of thing really worries me!
henry's mum
henry's mum

Female
Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Jojo Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:59 pm

I remember Harvey - he was the first dog I ever walked as a volunteer and he was a real pleasure. I don't know what has happenned but I could never see him biting anyone - he was a true gent! Hope everything goes ok x

Jojo

Female
Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2011-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum