Barnsley Animal Rescue Charity

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SO MANY CALLS TO TAKE IN RABBITS ...SO SAD ..

4 posters

Go down

SO MANY CALLS TO TAKE IN RABBITS ...SO SAD .. Empty SO MANY CALLS TO TAKE IN RABBITS ...SO SAD ..

Post by Angie Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:02 pm

Since monday we have had calls to take in 21 rabbits and 4 guinea pigs... Shocked Shocked that is in 6 days Shocked

i just cant believe it .. Crying or Very sad ...poor poor animals .. No

we took 4 rabbits but we are now overflowing .... i had to turn the rest away ...other rescues are full too especialy in our area so it isnt just us Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Angie

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

SO MANY CALLS TO TAKE IN RABBITS ...SO SAD .. Empty Re: SO MANY CALLS TO TAKE IN RABBITS ...SO SAD ..

Post by Warley Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:57 am

Such a shame. I hate to hear this type of thing especially at this time of year. I don't have much faith in people and it wouldn't surprise me if some of the calls were from people who want to get rid of their old pets to make room for the new ones bought as Christmas Presents Mad
Warley
Warley
Revered Contributor
Revered Contributor

Female
Number of posts : 375

Back to top Go down

SO MANY CALLS TO TAKE IN RABBITS ...SO SAD .. Empty Re: SO MANY CALLS TO TAKE IN RABBITS ...SO SAD ..

Post by Guest Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:25 pm

It's amazing how many people ring us at the kennels and get really stroppy when we say we have no room, i'm afraid one of these days i may forget my professionalism and tell them exactly what i think!!!! Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:40 pm

one person said they were expecting a baby ...had a 6month old bun they couldnt cope with any more and would be able to cope less once baby was born ...

it got me soooooooooooooooooooo flippin mad .. Evil or Very Mad ...

for **** sake ... i childmind 4 under 3 s 5 days a week yet i can cope with 14 to 18 rabbits at a time with my own and rescues ... yes its hard but it sure isnt impossible Evil or Very Mad

poor bunnies No

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by Warley Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:52 pm

Some people shouldn't be allowed to have pets. GRRRRR Evil or Very Mad
Warley
Warley
Revered Contributor
Revered Contributor

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Benson Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:47 am

CHILL you guys!

oooh soooo much anger, so little time!!

.................................good point though Wink
Sean Benson
Sean Benson
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 541

http://www.barnsleyanimalrescue.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Warley Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:57 am

Don't see it as anger - its passion for animal welfare Smile
Warley
Warley
Revered Contributor
Revered Contributor

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Anni Babe Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:18 pm

Oh damn it - I was going to put a new post for some help about a rabbit that I have found tonight!

A lovely little black bunny was running around the main road and then laying down, as if playing dead. I managed to stop the traffic and the bun ran up someone's drive. I called at the house and when I asked the man who lived there if he had lost a black rabbit he laughed and said that someone had called earlier asking if he had lost a white rabbit. Anyhow, he said that that person had taken the white rabbit with them but then his wife had noticed a black rabbit running around the garden - but it wasn't theirs. After a bit of chasing, I managed to catch the little black bunny and once I had picked him/her up she was very calm and happy to be nursed.

To cut a long story short I have brought Bun home and he/she's warm and safe in a collapsable kennel in my utility room (where the boiler is - so it's cosy!) but it's not ideal as I have a whippet and a whippet/staffy cross and they are extremely giddy about the latest stray to wander through the door!

I will phone around the vets tomorrow to see if anyone has reported a lost bun but would appreciate any help - but understand that the rescue centre is over run so I will do my best to find a home Sad

Cheers

Anni Babe x

Anni Babe

Female
Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2009-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Anni Babe Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:38 pm

UPDATE:

Honey Bun has moved in! Very Happy

I have phoned the vet in Wombwell and no-one has called them to enquire about a missing rabbit and I have left my contact number, just in case they do.

Anyway she's happy in the house at the moment and we are managing to keep the dogs away so we've decided to go and buy a hutch - but Honey Bun will be a house bunny until the summer comes!

Just a quick question - when it is warm enough to play in the garden - would the rabbit be OK in the same pen as my tortoise?

Anni Babe X

Anni Babe

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:22 am

lucky bun to have found you .. Very Happy

when you buy your hutch if it is an outdoor style hutch you need to be looking for something around 5ft x 2ft x 2ft .minimum ...if you need any bunny advice or would like an information pack about caring for bunnies then pm me your address and ill post one out to you Very Happy

please feel free to ask for advice if you need it .. albino

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by Anni Babe Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:43 am

Thanks very much - we are doing OK at the moment - but I will give you a shout if I need to!

We're going to sort a hutch out this week but Honey Bun seems happy at the moment having the run of the utility.

Thanks once again.

Anni Babe x

Anni Babe

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Anni Babe Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:05 pm

Quick Update:

Honey is definitely settled. We haven't got a hutch yet - but she's (no idea what sex, actually!) happy, safe and warm in the utility being a house bunny. It's about 11 foot square so she has plenty of room to hop around. She has been in the run in the garden - the one day when the snow had melted - and the dogs are being really good.

We have made excellent progress in the taming stakes and she has been clean - using a tray with paper in - although she doesn't seem too keen on the cat litter that I have just tried - Honey has a particular liking for sitting on fluffy red slippers and nuzzling into necks!

Anni Babe x

Anni Babe

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:48 am

awww she sounds georgeous ... Very Happy

a piccy would be nice Smile

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by Anni Babe Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:39 pm

Will try - I'll get the kids onto it!

Honey's is now happy for kisses

Anni Babe x

Anni Babe

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:16 pm

look forward to it .. albino

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down