Barnsley Animal Rescue Charity

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dog Show Today

4 posters

Go down

Dog Show Today Empty Dog Show Today

Post by Guest Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:14 am

Today is the day of the Wentworth Village Show. Please come along and show your support and don't forget your purse!
We have a selection of goods to offer, Bric a Brac as any visitors to the kennels over the last week will have seen it mounting up. Sally and Sharon called yesterday as we were busy sifting through it all and pricing it up.
Soft Toys by the thousand which Amelia and Phoebe were busy sorting into 50p and £1 of course they had to test most of them for cuddleability, ok all of them and have ear marked a few they would like. I can see this costing me a bonny penny today.
£1 in the bucket, we stick a number on your £1 coin and it goes in a bucket, at the end of the day we draw out a coin if its your number you win HALF the contents of the bucket and BARC gets the other half.
Lucky Lollies, Sarah is the Lolly Master, if there are any with dodgy paper don't pick them, there the ones she's had a quick lick on.
Hand made cards by Ros, lovely and we can't thank Ros enough for her patience in making them.
Probably something else that i've forgotten, Oh yes and most importantly;
THANK YOU TO SARAH'S HUSBAND STEVE, WHO ALWAYS COMES TO OUR AID, WHO ALWAYS FORGOES HIS WEEKENDS OFF TO ASSIST US, WHO ALWAYS CARRIES OUT THE ODD JOBS THAT NEED DOING, WHO PAINTED OUR KENNELS ALL DAY YESTERDAY IN THE SWELTERING HEAT, WHO MADE THE LUCK LOLLY STAND, WHO WILL BE THERE THIS MORNING PUTTING UP GAZEBO'S AND TABLES, WHO WITHOUT HIM WE WOULD BE WELL AND TRULY LOST!
THANK YOU STEVE Dog Show Today 820685

Back to top Go down

Dog Show Today Empty Re: Dog Show Today

Post by Caroline Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:32 am

Hope it goes well, I will try and come with Harvey to say hi. Don't know how long we will stay though as Harvey has taken a disliking to any other dog that comes near us, so it depends on how well he is behaving lol

Caroline

Female
Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2009-06-07

Back to top Go down

Dog Show Today Empty UPDATE!

Post by Guest Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:15 pm

Just thought i'd let you all know that today we raised £300.30.
Thank you to all who came and supported us, thank you to all who brought along our old friends to see us, once or twice i had a lump in my throat it's so nice to see our dogs looking well and loved, but nothing beats that feeling when they recognise you and jump all over you!
A big thank you to Sally who came and held the fort while we got on with other things, mainly fussing the dogs and catching up Embarassed !
Nice to see Karlie, Paul and Ros (our fab card maker) with Ros's 3 dogs.
Our Kennel girls Donna, Andrea, Sarah and Bev came and brought along 4 of our current guests, who we entered into the show in various catagories. All won something which was fantastic, Arnie our little terminator dog won 3rd place waggiest tail, Sophie our adorable Staffie cross won 2nd place most obedient dog, Sam our old ex racing patially sighted greyhound pranced perfectly around the ring with my son Matthew who is actually younger than Sam, they walked away with 1st place child handler and dog, Ruben our 11yr old shepherd mix and my daughter Amelia came second.
Our rescue dogs were well behaved and thoroughly enjoyed their day out, i'm sure they're fast asleep dreaming of today as i type, they all have their rosettes displayed proudly on their kennel gates - they're all winners to me!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:41 pm

sounds like it was a fantastic day, we came but could not get parked anywhere :0(

Caroline

Female
Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2009-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Warley Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:15 pm

We had a great day today and it was especially nice to see the recue dogs winning something, particularly Arnie who is one of my favourites.

Well done to everyone who organised it, the dog show seemed to run like clockwork. £300.30 is a great result for a lovely afternoon Very Happy
Warley
Warley
Revered Contributor
Revered Contributor

Female
Number of posts : 375
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by milliemoo Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:23 am

Hiya Guys,

thank you for letting me help, i had a great time and you can count on me for the next one!!! Smile
It was nice to put faces to names and im sure you will be seeing a bit more of me now, next time i will make sure Alan is free to help also - he did have his hands full with our two staffy crosses though bless him Smile
£300.30 is fab for an afternoons fun (can not call it work as it was far too enjoyable lol)
Well donE guys and Well done to all the dogs!!!!
X X X
milliemoo
milliemoo
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Female
Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2009-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Benson Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:11 am

Excellent news you guys, well done. Sorry i couldnt be there but will be at the next one for sure!
Sean Benson
Sean Benson
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2008-02-29

http://www.barnsleyanimalrescue.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content