Barnsley Animal Rescue Charity

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

doggy swimmng

5 posters

Go down

doggy swimmng Empty doggy swimmng

Post by milliemoo Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:33 pm

Hi everyone,

does anyone know of any doggy swimming pools in south yorkshire? I have checked on google but all i could come up with were therapy ones and i just want to take my two dogs for fun - any help would be appreciated

x
milliemoo
milliemoo
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Female
Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2009-06-19

Back to top Go down

doggy swimmng Empty Re: doggy swimmng

Post by irene marsh Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:26 pm

HI there Janette who used to manage the kennels usedto take a BARC rescue to a doggie swimming pool will get details and come back to you x

irene marsh

Female
Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2009-02-10

Back to top Go down

Post by milliemoo Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:28 pm

that would be fab!!! thanks very much x
milliemoo
milliemoo
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Female

Back to top Go down

doggy swimmng Empty Aquavet

Post by Aquavet Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:53 pm

Hello!

I am the manager of Aquavet The Sheffield Canine Hydrotherapy Centre. I happily swim BARC dogs for a discounted rate because I loved volunteering there so much and understand how beneficial swimming is.

We happily swim dogs for rehab or fun and fitness so give us a call on 0114 230 4555.

We look forward to hearing from you!

The Aquavet team

Aquavet

Male
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post by milliemoo Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:33 am

Thank you guys ever so much!!!!!

I shall be in touch today! Smile

Sally, Millie and Joey x x x
milliemoo
milliemoo
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Female

Back to top Go down

doggy swimmng Empty swimmingIm

Post by irene marsh Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:23 pm

I am so glad you had a reply I am still waiting to hear from Jeanette but your question has been answered x

irene marsh

Female
Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2009-02-10

Back to top Go down

Post by milliemoo Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:39 pm

Thanks so much anyway Irene - when i figure out how to upload pics on here ill be sure to send some of them in the pool Smile
milliemoo
milliemoo
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Benson Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:33 am

Thanks for that 'MillieMoo' its always nice to see professional people offering discounted services for BARC dogs - it speaks volumes!

Its also highly beneficial/great fun for the dogs too!

Perhaps you would like us to distribute some promotional material at the kennels??
Sean Benson
Sean Benson
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2008-02-29

http://www.barnsleyanimalrescue.org.uk

Back to top Go down

doggy swimmng Empty Re non hydro swimming pools.

Post by henry's mum Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:58 pm

hi,
I've had the same issue of trying to find a swimming pool that doesn't cost the earth as my 2 would more likely drown (both have nearly done so chasing ducks and each other into water too deep for them!) Embarassed Laughing
I volunteer for South Yorkshire English Springer Spaniel Rescue, and they have an arrangement with both a hydro pool and a boarding kennels with a pool. If you go to the SYESSR.co.uk site and click on stimulation, you can watch a couple of the springers enjoying the pool at Rivos Boarding kennels in Oxspring (which is closer for those of us in Barnsley) Laughing Laughing . I don't know if they just hire out the pool as I've recently contacted SYESSR to find out where the pool was so I could arrange to take my 2 to teach them to swim. Theres also a Hydro pool, with jets at My pet stop in tingley Leeds, where i take my 2 to agility, flyball, good cit classes and general training. They will allow you to hire the hydro pool to just play in (I did this with both mine, but other than shoving each other in they're wussy and I can't get in there with them) But if your dog enjoys swimming they will use the jets to create resistance, or you can just chuck the toys in for them to fectch and repeat. The one in Leeds may be further but is VERY easy to get to being a trip up the M1 and 1 junction on the M62 and is a fantastic boarding kennels and training centre. If I remember correctly the fee at My pet Stop is about £15 for half an hour (realisticly swim time is short initially, if the dog isn't used to swimming as they tire quickly), but that does include a shower to wash all the chlorine stuff out of their fur so I try to combine it with their bath day save me the mess! Mine were in about 15 mins each as they allow shower time within the paid for session but if you ring them for details they are very helpfull.
I hope this has helped as I intend booking my 2 in to teach them to swim properly after the winter as they have been more than adventurous in the water this year but just won't take the plunge of lifting feet up. I want them able to swim for next summer in case the jump in deeper water as my baby girl loves water, and even paddles in a friends pond in their garden Rolling Eyes (luckily no doggy swimmng 420417 of chemicals are used in it) Shocked
Good luck, Sandra
henry's mum
henry's mum

Female
Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down