Barnsley Animal Rescue Charity

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Garden Wildlife

3 posters

Go down

Garden Wildlife Empty Garden Wildlife

Post by Warley Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:36 pm

As Friday seemed to be the warmest day of the year we took Archie upto Paul's parents house for tea where we spent the night sitting in the garden drinking wine and having a good laugh. All of a sudden Archie sat bolt upright looking at the bird feeder which was standing about 10ft away from where he was laying. Sat there, helping himself to the bird food, was this little chap. Paul managed to get these photos on his phone before he got spooked and ran (the mouse, not Paul Laughing)

Garden Wildlife DSC00138-1

Garden Wildlife DSC00139-1

Then, about an hour later this guy popped out of the pond to say hello.

Garden Wildlife DSC00142-1

Garden Wildlife DSC00147-1

Garden Wildlife DSC00148-1

Its a good job we have photographic proof otherwise I would swear it was the Alcohol we had put away Very Happy
Warley
Warley
Revered Contributor
Revered Contributor

Female
Number of posts : 375
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Garden Wildlife Empty Re: Garden Wildlife

Post by Sean Benson Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:35 am

Very Happy nice variety of Wildlife going on there Karli. It reminded me of seeing the very same thing in our garden about two months ago. However this was a James Bond mouse! He was hanging upside-down off the nut hanger which is suspended below the bird table. When i watched further I noticed his journey to that spot was equally remarkable. He scurried up the hanger, across the table, jumped about 6-12 inches onto a nearby shrub, down its branches and away into his little nest! Amazing!!
Sean Benson
Sean Benson
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 541

http://www.barnsleyanimalrescue.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:40 pm

We occasionally see the odd little mouse nipping into the guinea pig hutch for the 'all you can eat buffet' unfortunately or is it fortunately Molly is an expert mouser so they don't last long. My mothers just dug her pond out after years she's was hard at it when i called, she is a very spritely 69 and so there were about 4 frogs that needed a good home so were moved on, i don't do frogs, my brother once threw one at me and it got stuck in my hair, don't you just love brother's mine are identical twins so i copped for double trouble!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tracey Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:14 pm

doesn't seem to be much of a variety of wildlife in my garden at the moment, just a variation in the size of slugs. Shocked

Tracey
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Female
Number of posts : 52

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:24 am

HOW BIG ARE SOME OF THOSE MAMA'S!!!
when i take the dogs out there are always loads on the paths, they are HUGE, affraid if you stepped on one it would probably take your shoe off and hit you with it!
Tess was once doing a roll around in the garden and came in with the remains of one all over her back, that was not pleasant i can tell you that. pale

Back to top Go down

Post by Tracey Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:17 am

sometimes when i go out on a morning and lift the covers on the rabbit hutches there will be a slug sat in the food bowl Shocked they make me feel sick.

Tracey
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Female
Number of posts : 52

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down