Barnsley Animal Rescue Charity

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Snow !

2 posters

Go down

Snow ! Empty Snow !

Post by Guest Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:45 pm

Snow Snow everywhere, both Sarah and myself were unable to get to the kennels today due to the weather. Both Amelia and Matthew's schools were closed so they were at home, my mother hasn't been out of the house now for nearly 3 weeks since the snow arrived, she is very wary of snow and at 70 she doesn't want to risk a fall and breaking something, she slipped in the snow when i was 10 and she suffered a compound fracture to her leg which needed plating and screwing so understandable really.
Me and the kids and dogs decided to walk over to see if she was ok and give her a bit of company, we decided to go via the football field where the dogs could have a good run, Sam suddenly shed 8yrs and became a spring lamb runnig (off lead!) and prancing, Nancy would run at the speed of light then do a drop and roll and the kids were so well wrapped up they could hardly move, a good time was had by all especially my brother who's house we pass on the way, who at 46yrs old was like a big kid and thought i couldn't see him hiding behind the wall waiting to snowball me, unfortunately i have no morals and used the children as human shields!

There are two children fast asleep in bed, two dogs fast asleep on their beds and a cat who loves it out in the snow, but not too long, she's like a gazelle leaping across the garden, and i'm off to bed too, the kids schools are still closed tomorrow so there are snowmen a plenty to be built!!

We know snow's a pain but ya gotta make the most of it!

Back to top Go down

Snow ! Empty Re: Snow !

Post by Sean Benson Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:45 am

sounds like good fun Julie. Now get back to work, you've had your skive for this year!
Sean Benson
Sean Benson
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2008-02-29

http://www.barnsleyanimalrescue.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Warley Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:04 am

I don't mean to sound like a spoil sport but today has been horrendous with the ice. I fell over walking the dog to which he just looked at me in disgust as if I was showing him up. Then fell over outside on the ice again just outside the car. Im now sitting very strangely on my chair as my backside is sore (sorry if that is too much detail) and Ive got bruises on my arms and legs Sad

Roll on summer sunny
Warley
Warley
Revered Contributor
Revered Contributor

Female
Number of posts : 375

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Benson Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:12 am

Poor old Karlie. Ive got some linseed-linament if you'd like it!
Sean Benson
Sean Benson
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 541

http://www.barnsleyanimalrescue.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Warley Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:04 am

Oy! less of the old Razz
Warley
Warley
Revered Contributor
Revered Contributor

Female
Number of posts : 375

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:49 pm

At least he didn't offer to rub it in!

So the snow brings out the big kid in us all, or me and my mad family anyway. So my big bro the one who snow balled me and i had to use the kids as shields, had this fantastic idea to build a sledge to go down the quarry near where i live, he spent hours building in his garage and unveiled the 'Snow ! 198847', a tribe of them set off to 'ride the Snow ! 198847' the oldest being him and his best mate who are 46, the other 4 ranging in age from 18 to 22 - so not kids, they hauled the Snow ! 198847 up to the top of a hill, 3 of them piled on and they were launched by the other 3.
The Snow ! 198847 set off with speed and it was only as it gathered yet more speed that my big bro discovered a serious design flaw, NO STEERING or BRAKES, hmm my brother is a builder and his best mate and engineer with his own company - does not inspire confidence in their work does it.
After a near death experience and sore ribs - but mainly from laughing, they resorted to a sheet of visqueen and all 6 got on it together, the Snow ! 198847 is retired to the garage for modification!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down