Barnsley Animal Rescue Charity

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Busby

3 posters

Go down

Busby Empty Busby

Post by Mossy Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:44 pm

Well we went to look and came away with another dog, " Busby" , Lab "X" , about 10/11months old. Very Happy
Collecting him tomorrow afternoon, so we hope all goes well tomorrow night. Sleep Barni our 5month old "X" ( still not sure what types ) and Busby got on really well today at the kennels, so we are quite confident, will keep you informed.
Then comes the challange of meeting the Drab ! Twisted Evil , oh and Nancy & Sam.

Mossy

Male
Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Back to top Go down

Busby Empty Re: Busby

Post by Guest Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:35 am

WHAT! I've only been gone 3 days, this is what happens when i leave you on your own Shocked ,
I'll have to come and inspect the new arrival, Nancy will be fine but i dare say Sam will try to taste him!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mossy Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:36 am

Barni and Busby are getting on great , we,ve had 2 exellent nights (have I spoken too early) Very Happy ; They are both good on their leads and seam ok with other dogs. Went out with Nancy and Sam last night which went very well, Sam and Busby seemed ok, but we didn't get too close.

Mossy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:14 am

A very encouraging result for all! Very Happy Sam displayed a little interest in Busby, but not much and no aggression, he did however put little Barni in his place when he overstepped the mark, but we allow a little grump so that Barni grows up knowing Sam's limitations and good dog manners.
Busby, is a very sweet natured dog, he's everybodies mate and every dog's too. We kid tested him, under strict supervision using my 4 yr old who is 25 in the head, but has been brought up with dogs and knows how to act around and respect them.
Busby passed with flying colours and never once did his body laungage change, even when Matthew was allowed to break a golden rule that stands in our house, never bother the dogs when they are in their beds, that's their space.
Busby and Barni rampage around the garden together and Busby never once tries to dominate Barni even though Barni is younger and smaller. Yes it's early days but very encouraging.
Busby is definately a Staffy X, despite what the rescue said, and i feel i must point this out because this dog has been in rescue for over 4 months, yet he has adapted so well into this family enviroment, rescues up and down the country are chock a block with Staffy's and Staffy X's this breed has been overbred and now innocent dogs are paying the price. I know recent press has made everyone wary about certain breeds, but i have a dog that is unstable around others and he's a Border Collie but I KNOW MY DOG, so he is muzzled and kept on a lead i am working on this but i can't undo 8yrs of past in 5 months.
So to anyone out there looking for a rescue dog don't dismiss these dogs Mossy has dropped on a diamond, i know there will be 'bad apples' but they can be in any breed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Warley Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:29 am

Well said Drab Wink .

Glad to hear they all got on ok. Good luck for the future with them both, its always good to hear when a dog finds a new home.
Warley
Warley
Revered Contributor
Revered Contributor

Female
Number of posts : 375
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Busby Empty drab and busby update

Post by furrykidz Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:24 pm

i'd just like to add that drab i think you aught to consider a job in writing about animal topics. your info is brilliant and well put across in fool proof understandable manner. i look forward to looking at the forum daily or as much as i can to see whats been put on. i think you should have your own column as its incredibly entertaining aswell as informative. (an idea for the moderator!) keep up the good work its fab!

oh pay you that 20 quid later. (only kidding)

thanks again, lisa and the furries X
furrykidz
furrykidz

Female
Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:02 am

Thanks lisa and the furries,
its nice to know that someone appreciates me Very Happy , the down side to this addiction is my ironing pile, it will kill me if it falls on me, so forget the £20 and do my ironing instead!
Julie X
Does this mean i'm like Carrie Bradshaw in Sex in the City?
I could never walk in those shoes!

Last edited by Drab on Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Mossy Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:40 pm

Drab Twisted Evil

Just to clarify a point of accuracy BUSBY IS A LAB X lets just get this straight, its on his birth certificate. What are you like; giving the readers the impression I of all people could have a Staff. as you may have gathered this is not the origional Mossy but his other half.

Will take a good photo of the boy's and then we can have a pole to see what the readers opinion is. ( I know they will agree with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

As you may have gathered I was one of the people who would never consider having a Staffi. : That 's why Mossy & Drab Twisted Evil can't go looking for dogs on their own. flower

Mossy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:08 pm

Yes everyone that is Kath flower , Kath does not do Staffy's and she is in deep deep denial, Kath does big dogs, Alsatians, lurchers etc, she is only just coming to terms with the fact that Barni may be a collie cross (this part she is fine with - good job!) but the other bit he's crossed with is a JACK RUSSELL (no offence what so ever meant to Jack Russells there owners, family and friends) so just as she is now starting to accept this, Mossy turns up trumps with a Staffy X disguised as a Lab X Whippet! Suspect
The birth certificate she is banging on about is one she made up and printed off the computer about half an hour ago in a bid to ease her denial Rolling Eyes and the reason i'm not allowed to go looking for dogs with Mossy is because the first time we went we nearly came back with a PIT BULL! Twisted Evil
I did however find Barni for them and so have since redeemed myself from that one, and I was in Filey at the weekend so Busby the STAFFY X was nothing to do with me Wink , I was not his partner in crime on this occassion, but i have been on many many many others Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum