Barnsley Animal Rescue Charity

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Update on Harvey

3 posters

Go down

Update on Harvey Empty Update on Harvey

Post by Caroline Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:09 am

Hi, just thought I would update harveys progress. he is still a little dynamite, I really do not know where the energy he has comes from, he loves to run. We have to be careful when we let him off lead for a run as he has developed an aversion to other dogs, before he used to just roll around and play but he has started to try and pin other dogs down! do you think he is just trying to protect us? He still pulls on lead but I don't think he will ever stop this and he is no where near as bad as he used to be, also I wanted to ask about his weeing, lol, my grass is just about ruined with him peeing everywhere Rolling Eyes I read that brewers yeast neutralises the wee, has anyone used it or have any other tips? My mum came to visit yesterday and upon waking through the door and beeing greeted by Harvey, declared, get the dog away I don't like that kind of dog! (staffy's get such a bad rep) I did not take him away as he was not doing anything more than sniffing her. Anyway within 10 minutes he had her where he wanted her lol his head on her lap being petted, how could any one not love harvey? Another thing he does is chews up anything that comes through the letter box or if the posti leaves it wedged in the letterbox he has been known to pull the letterbox flap off Shocked to get at the post. So as you can see we still have a few things to try and work out with him, but he is such a loving addition to our family. Oh and I have never known a dog love to get in the shower like he does Laughing
Update on Harvey Cuteharvey.th

Caroline

Female
Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2009-06-07

Back to top Go down

Update on Harvey Empty Re: Update on Harvey

Post by Warley Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:30 am

Hi Caroline,

Its nice to see he has a loving home and keeping you on your toes Laughing. Unfortunately with rescue dogs they can start to show some of their more unusual behaviours. The pinning the dogs down is a sign of dominance - are there any behaviours he shows in the house that indicate he is top of the rank? If he has suddenly thought he is boss this could be why he is doing this. Also, with the peeing and ruining your grass I know at pets at home you can get a yellow plastic stick that you pop in the ground. This then encourages them to pee in that one spot. You can then move it around so that he doesn't ruin just one spot. Ive also read that tomato sauce can help nutralize pee. Perhaps giving him some pilchards in tomato sauce once or twice a week may help.

Hope this is of use.
Karlie
Warley
Warley
Revered Contributor
Revered Contributor

Female
Number of posts : 375
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:00 pm

He doesn't look like the same Harvey, he looks younger and bigger!
Glad he's keeping you on your toes, and worth it, keep us updated Caroline.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Benson Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:50 pm

great to read these good luck stories. Well done everyone and thanks!
Sean Benson
Sean Benson
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2008-02-29

http://www.barnsleyanimalrescue.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content