Barnsley Animal Rescue Charity

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HELLO......

3 posters

Go down

HELLO...... Empty HELLO......

Post by Angie Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:52 pm

Hello...

My name is Angie and myself and my sister Tracey deal with all the bunnies at BARC.

Please feel free to post any questions etc you may have and we will get back to you asap.

Also feel free to chat about anything bunnyish on here ....
look forward to hearing from you all Smile

Angie

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

HELLO...... Empty bunny probs

Post by furrykidz Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:13 pm

hi ange and tracey, desperately need to pick your brains...

i gave my cousin and three young nephews 2 of my bunnies. they are mother and daughter. (mums 3 and dughters 2yrs old) and true lionheads in breed. they had always been friendly and good to pick up until recently, where my cousin darent let the kids near as they have started to 'go' for them and even my cousin too. she is quite upset about this and on about taking them to a sanctuary like yourselves. my cousin is very used to looking after rabbits as she used to show and keep them when she was younger. so am puzzled and upset myself to know whats gone wrong how we can resolve this behaviour, and also ofcourse not have to send the bunnies off somewhere. by the way the girls are called annabel and marge. please help!!
furrykidz
furrykidz

Female
Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-04-15

Back to top Go down

HELLO...... Empty Re: HELLO......

Post by Angie Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:24 am

hi ,

first question is have the two buns been spayed ??

spaying can sometimes help stop this sort of behaviour ...also does are very prone to uterine cancer and this eliminates the risk of this .

If it had been just one of them showing this behaviour i would have suggested a trip to the vets to check there was no medical cause for this grumpiness ...but as its both then i would say thats unlikely.

Another common reason for developing this behaviour is boredom . Do they have lots of space and time out of their hutch to play and be bunnies ?

Also ..how are they handled ?... if they dont like being picked up / held and want leaving alone then this could be the cause . Often this behaviour can become habit and i think its important to try and stop it now before it becomes irreversable .

Angie

Number of posts : 245

Back to top Go down

Post by furrykidz Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:09 am

hi ya girlies just wondered if you could use guinea pig cage. it needs a little attention but your more than welcome to have as an emergancy or something. hope you are both alright and the bunnies and piggies are behaving themselves. Laughing xxx
furrykidz
furrykidz

Female
Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:54 am

Well 3 of the piggies are cos i've got them. Fudge still amazes me he is the laziest piggie i've known he is always asleep, but proper zonked on his side laid out, not sat up napping. Dorito and pringle (the not so little un's) have come on a treat.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tracey Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:22 pm

furrykidz wrote:hi ya girlies just wondered if you could use guinea pig cage. it needs a little attention but your more than welcome to have as an emergancy or something. hope you are both alright and the bunnies and piggies are behaving themselves. Laughing xxx

hi, thanks for the offer of the cage but because a lot of animals have been coming in with their cages, we now have more than we need.you could donate it to one of the shops.thanks again, tracey.

Tracey
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Female
Number of posts : 52

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: