Barnsley Animal Rescue Charity

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dog's Day Out!

Go down

Dog's Day Out! Empty Dog's Day Out!

Post by Guest Sun May 18, 2008 2:16 pm

Today we did a sponsored walk for another local rescue (OOPS!) It was well organised and although there was about 30 dogs, there wasn't a bit of bother between any of them!
Even Sam was perfectly behaved and excelled himself, he only got a bit grumpy with 3 dogs but nothing more than a stare and a gruff and 2 were quite giddy and tried climbing on him so he was justified the 3rd, well i guess he just didn't like him.
Dog's Day Out! DSCN1128
This was just before we set off and 30 barking dogs had got Sam alert but Nancy wasn't bothered at all.

Dog's Day Out! DSCN1130
These two rascals are Barni (pup) and Busby ( the definately not a Staffy X, Kath's still in denial) please let us know if you think he's got a bit of Staffy in him, if you agree I think she may need counciling!

Dog's Day Out! DSCN1133
Available in a choice of colours!
The Black Hooligan is Alfie my sister's dog and he met Hancock on the walk, Alfie is a springerdoodle and Hancock is a Labradoodle.

Dog's Day Out! DSCN1138
Sam and Barni now best buddies, as long as Barni remembers who's boss.
This just goes to show what perciverence and patience can achieve, i could actually cry tears of Joy!

Dog's Day Out! DSCN1129
How chilled is this for an aggessive dog! this was on one of the rest stops.
It took about 2 1/4 hrs to walk the 5 miles, we stopped a couple of times and Alfie managed to drag my sister off the bank and into a stream, i didn't laugh long, only about 15 minutes!

All our gang was well behaved, and a great time was had by all, Sam totally ignored all the other dogs and when we were in the fields most were off lead racing past him and he never bothered one bit, a one time he would have lundged at whatever was passing by. I do think that letting Busby annoy him has worked a treat, and we will continue to push his boundries over the next few weeks, but he has come on such a lot in the past few weeks, here he is playing with Maisie the missile, she has earned that name as she is like a bullet out of a gun, this is also a recent mile stone.
Dog's Day Out! DSCN1124
As you can see our guinea pigs are absolutely terrified (of missing some grass) of the chaos that goes on in our garden!

Back to top Go down

Dog's Day Out! Empty Re: Dog's Day Out!

Post by Warley Mon May 19, 2008 3:23 am

Wow, great pics and big congratulations to both Sam, for being such a good boy, and you, for all the hard work. It looks like it really is starting to pay off.

Well done x

cheers
Warley
Warley
Revered Contributor
Revered Contributor

Female
Number of posts : 375
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 20, 2008 7:14 am

I really hope so!
His body language was really good the whole time,tail and ears down in a relaxed manner the only time he tried to do a stare off was when he had an encounter with one of the 3 dogs he didn't like, and as soon as we moved off, away from them he recovered and went back to his relaxed state. This is something that i have noticed a big difference in, Sam was constantly looking for other dogs, and he would be alert as soon as we left the house he would be scanning for the entire walk, now he just enjoys the walk and if he does have a bad encounter, he recovers straight away and goes back to a relaxed state.
I'm sure he'll have his off days - don't we all, but even Ian couldn't believe how much he's come on, realisiticly though i don't think we'll ever loose the muzzle but i think after some intense recall work the training lead might be off soon.
Dog's Day Out! 820685

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down