Barnsley Animal Rescue Charity

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please post all your fundraising ideas/games here!

+4
irene marsh
Sarah Laycock
roseybabe1047
Sean Benson
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Please post all your fundraising ideas/games here! - Page 2 Empty Re: Please post all your fundraising ideas/games here!

Post by Sean Benson Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:16 pm

Excellent, thank you!

You might find it worth your while canvassing a few reprobates from this forum to help out at the stall. Quite a few came forward for the Wentworth village day.

You might also want to post an appropriate message on our FaceBook web page too. That has over 400 members so has good chance of positive returns.

Anyway keep me informed!

Sean
Sean Benson
Sean Benson
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2008-02-29

http://www.barnsleyanimalrescue.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Please post all your fundraising ideas/games here! - Page 2 Empty Re: Please post all your fundraising ideas/games here!

Post by milliemoo Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:06 pm

Hiya Gelnda,

if you can send me some details of planned fayres with dates, locations and how many volunteers ill post something on the facebook group Smile
milliemoo
milliemoo
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Female
Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2009-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by glenda bott Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:12 pm

Posted all info last week....no idea where its vanished to........Wentworth fayre....fully booked will book it for next year.
Mexborough fayre 4th December......I cannot do this one as I have a prior engagement....but we have a stall booked if you wish to do this then e.mail me and I`ll get in touch with Ann..she walks our dogs most mornings.
Elsecar heritage...30th January 2010 thats all I`ve go up to now,but I am doing a tombola in goldthorpe shop and a childrens lucky dip and finally a memory christmas tree.glendabott@hotmail.co.uk

glenda bott

Female
Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Warley Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:02 am

Hi Glenda,

Unfortunately I cant help on 4th December as I'll be at work but you can count me in for the Elsecar Heritage on 30th Jan.

Thanks
Karlie
Warley
Warley
Revered Contributor
Revered Contributor

Female
Number of posts : 375

Back to top Go down

Post by glenda bott Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:48 am

Thanks karlie I will be intouch nearer the time, hope to meet you before then if we have a christmas do? Love Glen.

glenda bott

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by milliemoo Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:49 am

Hiya Gelda,

i actually have the 4th December booked off work to recover from a charity darts tournament we have tickets for - what time does the fayre start? If it is early morning probably not a good idea that i do it as i might be a bit worse for ware but if it is an afternoon one then i will happily do it if someone can get everything together for me to pick up before the event?

Kindest Regards
Sally
x
milliemoo
milliemoo
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Warley Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:52 am

Hi Guys,

I think I've stumbled on a good fundraising idea. I borrowed my friend’s cookbook the other day and copied down a recipe for fudge. I have brought the results into work so that everyone can try them. I’ve made dark chocolate fudge and a milk chocolate with fruit and nut. The thing is one of my colleagues has asked me to make some so she can give it out to family and friends for Christmas prezzies. She has offered to pay me for doing it – but I’ve told her I would prefer donating the money to BARC. This got me thinking that it might be something worth trying to sell at fayres etc. What does everyone think? I can bring some samples to the next meeting for everyone to try.
Warley
Warley
Revered Contributor
Revered Contributor

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by glenda bott Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:29 am

hi sally......I like my new name Gelda.....think I will keep it as my tag!!!! The Fayre on the 4th starts at 10am but you usually have to be there for 7:30am to claim your stall..madness I know,I think after your night before you would be rather worse for wear!!!!! thanks for the offer though..love Glenda or Gelda no worries.

Hi Warley....brill idea! can I have your recipe and I will make some for our shop to sell for xmas....thanks Glenda.

glenda bott

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Benson Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:02 pm

Great idea Karlie, I have thought about this before but am unsure if we would need a food hygiene certificate to sell them?

If you discover we DONT need a licence/certificate then crack on! Its a great idea otherwise we may have a small problem.
Sean Benson
Sean Benson
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Warley Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:35 pm

I did a food hygene course but that was ages ago now. Not too sure about all the legislation on that one so I would have to look into it. I suppose its only like selling buns and cakes on a stall and I don't think you need a certificate for that but again not 100% sure. I'll report back Very Happy
Warley
Warley
Revered Contributor
Revered Contributor

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Warley Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:54 pm

I've checked and have found my food hygene certificate, it was awarded in Feb 1999, but hey it just means I've got more experience Smile
Warley
Warley
Revered Contributor
Revered Contributor

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by milliemoo Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:00 pm

Hiya Guys,
Glenda - im so sorry!!! my little chubby fingers are to blame!! I agree i dont think i could commit to a 7.30 start Sad if anything changes ill let you know Smile

Karlie - you can still bring some for us to try :p
milliemoo
milliemoo
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Laycock Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:39 am

Mmmm, looking forward to trying the fudge.

If you make some, Lakeland plastics sells little Christmas plastic bags, would look lovely.

I will definately place an order, let me know how much?

Sarah
Sarah Laycock
Sarah Laycock
Gifted Contirbutor
Gifted Contirbutor

Female
Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Warley Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:07 am

Well, I emailed Barnsley Council to see what the legislation is for us to sell things like cakes, fudge, jams and chutney and here is the reply.

Morning Karlie,
If you are producing cakes, buns, fudge, jams and chutney from home you would need to be registered with our Department as a home Caterer. If the products are low risk which jams and chutney are and they are shelf stable ok. But cakes can be high risk if they contain cream then more requirements would be required on temperature control, preparation procedures etc…..
depending on the nature of food you handle prepare and cook you may need some form of basic food hygiene training i.e. Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering would be ideal. In addition, you would need to complete a Booklet called Safe Food Better Business, or have written procedures in what you do is safe, within this procedure we would want to see evidence of temperature records and cleaning schedules etc……

The home premises, or business were food is handled prepared and cooked would need to be inspected by our Department to ensure the premises Comply with the legislation, which would cover areas like Cleanliness, Structure, Wash hand basins and all provisions, toilets, sinks for washing equipment and food and personal hygiene.

With regard selling products from the Stall that you have produced that would be ok. However, you still would need to be registered with our Department to sell the products as a retailer.

Hope this helps if you need any more information please do not hesitate to contact me on 01226 787683.

If you want to leave your telephone number, then I will ring you and discuss clarify any of the above.

Best regards
Alan Fishwick

Doesn't look too good Im afraid but I'll give him a call just to clarify things Crying or Very sad. I'll still do the fudge for you though Sarah Smile
Warley
Warley
Revered Contributor
Revered Contributor

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Laycock Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:08 pm

What is going on? Its like you need a certificate to breathe nowadays!! When my son was at nursery, he is only 16, parents often baked cakes to sell at coffee mornings, no-one was bothered in inspecting everyones house first.

The world has gone crazy!!! Shocked
Sarah Laycock
Sarah Laycock
Gifted Contirbutor
Gifted Contirbutor

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Warley Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:16 pm

Tell me about it. Im going to try and give him another call (he didn't answer the phone this afternoon) to have a chat about it and just basically say 'if we don't put cream on our cakes are we then allowed to do it' Laughing. Seriously, if we only sell buns (no cream) a couple of times a year we might be able to get away without having a licence/qualification. I read on another council's website that you only need to be registered as a home caterer if you are selling food for more than 5 consecutive weeks. Not too sure if that is the same for Barnsley council though. I shall keep investigating.

Oh by the way - Ive been on that Lakeland Plastics website and I think Im going to order some of them bags. Cheers Sarah x
Warley
Warley
Revered Contributor
Revered Contributor

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Warley Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:10 am

Latest update....I've spoken to Alan at Barnsley Council and we will need to be registered. He said one premises where we can make all the food is better as they will have to come out and inspect it to make sure it complies with all the guidelines. I seem to think that anyone with pets won't be able to be registered if they are going through these stringent checks on a couple of cakes!! He's going to send me out the registration forms anyway but I think this one has sort of put a cork in that idea Sad
Warley
Warley
Revered Contributor
Revered Contributor

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by glenda bott Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:23 pm

Sean I am a qualified food technologist and throughout all the years I have taught food tech we9the school or my home have never been `registered` and we made alsorts of goodies tosell as well as catering for various parties etc.In fact last year I sold homemade xmas puddings and cakes at our goldthorpe shop.Our clients were over the moon and we sold out within a few days......cannot see a problem in fudge....it has a long shelf life if put in sealed bags.....what a load of red tape...bah! humbug! glenda.

glenda bott

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Warley Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:30 am

It gets worse - Ive received another email from Barnsley council going into all the labelling aspects of it. They have sent me all the paperwork for registering which I'll bring along to the meeting. Shocked
Warley
Warley
Revered Contributor
Revered Contributor

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Laycock Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:33 am

Would we be able to use a kitchen that is already being used for baking. Was just thinking that both of my local churches bake cakes in their own kitchens for coffee mornings.

Would that be a way round it?
Sarah Laycock
Sarah Laycock
Gifted Contirbutor
Gifted Contirbutor

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Wordy Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:59 am

Hi Sarah (Karlie here on Pauls account)

Yes as long as they are registered with the council then that is ok. Smile

Wordy

Male
Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Laycock Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:36 pm

Is there a local community hall near you with a kitchen or would you like me to ask my local church if we could use their kitchen?

But, would we then be able to sell it? My head hurts!!! confused
Sarah Laycock
Sarah Laycock
Gifted Contirbutor
Gifted Contirbutor

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Warley Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:10 pm

I have no idea if there is a local community hall near me. I can't think of any off the top of my head. You can ask the local church but to be honest I have no idea if we can sell them or not. Im so confused!!
Warley
Warley
Revered Contributor
Revered Contributor

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Benson Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:10 pm

Hi All,

Apologies for the delayed response!

The op and bottom of this is, until someone comes up with the definitive answer we cant and wont sell any food.

I would be grateful to whoever can answer this perplexing puzzle..........
Sean Benson
Sean Benson
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2