Barnsley Animal Rescue Charity

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Project!!

4 posters

Go down

New Project!! Empty New Project!!

Post by Guest Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:07 am

One of the exercise yards down at the kennels is covered with rubble and stones, our aim is within the next week or so to clear this, get some top soil down - around 20 tonne, this has been sorted out for us by James at DTS Enviromental, Carlton, - Thank you James, who's Boss is a very nice man and has donated this to BARC - FREE OF CHARGE!! bounce Thank you James's Boss!
What is more amazing than that and James will vouch for this, I was actually speechless and close to tears when James told me - me speechless! Shocked
After this preparation work we then aim to get it turfed, all the rubble in there will be used to make a rockery under the existing conifers as this is dead space and hopefully we can get a few Alpines, Heathers and such which are plants that will thrive in such conditions, but will soften the area, We expect to lose a few of these plants to the likes of Mad Molly, Murphy the tunneller, but hey that's life!
The whole aim of this is to give the dogs an area to relax in, to play in, and to enjoy. One of Mother BARC's friends Anne, bought us a hard plastic paddling pool to fill for the dogs to play in when the weather warms up, which i can't wait to see, if i'm not back in the shops then. Whilst we do our best for our guests, they are fed good quality food, have comfy bedding and baskets (more than some rescuse who use shredded paper, and others that use NOTHING) they have the most dedicated staff to look after them and their kennels are cleaned to a high standard, but after their walks they sit in their kennels looking out of the gate's - just looking and waiting, then they go out into that yard and sit by the gate waiting to come back into their kennel because there's nothing they can do in there, a bit of grass and a bit of sun will make a HUGE difference to their free time, we will be able to play ball with them without the risk of injury.

So if your at a loose end this weekend and can spare just half an hour, pop along and do a bit of stone collecting it will be greatly appreciated! New Project!! 181382 New Project!! 254321

Back to top Go down

New Project!! Empty Re: New Project!!

Post by Sean Benson Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:18 am

Here, Here!

What a fantastic job everyone is doing down at our kennels recently. The whole place is almost unrecognisable from just 2-3 weeks ago. WELL DONE INDEED!

Perhaps if we culd get a few before and after photos too, that would be great for the gallery!

The addition of a nice grassed areas with rockery and 'feature pool' would be a welcome treat for the staff as well as the residents. If we can keep Julie out of the pool some of the dogs might get to have a bath too!
Sean Benson
Sean Benson
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2008-02-29

http://www.barnsleyanimalrescue.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Laycock Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:35 am

It will be great when its done and the dogs will love a swim about. I'm just a bit concerned that we will end up in the pool with them, but oh well, it will be great fun!!!!

We will come down Sunday and help out. Very Happy
Sarah Laycock
Sarah Laycock
Gifted Contirbutor
Gifted Contirbutor

Female
Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Laycock Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:48 am

And, what, you were speechless?????

Never!!
Sarah Laycock
Sarah Laycock
Gifted Contirbutor
Gifted Contirbutor

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:40 am

It only ever happened once before, and that's all i'm saying Embarassed . There are times at home when i'm quiet but that's more of i'm not talking to the husband rather than being speechless!! Laughing
As for going in the pool, Sarah's right - we might have no choice in the matter with the likes of mad Molly and little Harry, he's coming on in leaps and bounds now and really needs to be going to a home he's at such a crucial time in his development. Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Warley Fri May 29, 2009 4:23 pm

Do you still need help with this project. Paul has told me he will make himself available for the day and Im sure I can pitch it too. Let us know Smile
Warley
Warley
Revered Contributor
Revered Contributor

Female
Number of posts : 375

Back to top Go down

Post by john_hanson Sun May 31, 2009 2:44 am

I'll be there on Tuesday, possibly Monday too Very Happy
john_hanson
john_hanson
Gifted Contirbutor
Gifted Contirbutor

Male
Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2009-04-03

http://www.johnhansonphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post by john_hanson Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:48 am

Just to let you all know... We're still needing volunteers to come and help us with this little project. We also have a few masonary walls that need white washing, and a whole host of other little jobs that the staff just don't have the time to finish.

I know Sarah even paid her son to come and help! The poor lad was slaving away in the baking sun on his own haha.

Can anyone spare a few hours? Pretty please????
john_hanson
john_hanson
Gifted Contirbutor
Gifted Contirbutor

Male
Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2009-04-03

http://www.johnhansonphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Laycock Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:49 am

Just so you all know, he hardly ever leaves the house and I thought a bit of sunshine may do him good, not to mention a bit of hard work! He is nearly 16 and not used to any graft at all. Does him good!!!

He will be there again on Wednesday. And I havnt paid him yet!
Sarah Laycock
Sarah Laycock
Gifted Contirbutor
Gifted Contirbutor

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Benson Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:57 am

is he any good at paving?????????
Sean Benson
Sean Benson
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 541

http://www.barnsleyanimalrescue.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Laycock Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:08 pm

He could do it if it was a computer game!!!
Sarah Laycock
Sarah Laycock
Gifted Contirbutor
Gifted Contirbutor

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down