Barnsley Animal Rescue Charity

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Training

4 posters

Go down

Training Empty Training

Post by Sarah Laycock Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:01 pm

Hi

We have been to obedience training today which was fantastic. When we got there it was lovely and sunny but a bit cold. As soon as we started training it started to rain and didnt stop!

My dog, Coco, is 10 months old and we had tried a training class before but i just spent 45 minutes each time spinning in circles while she tried to get to all the other dogs. This time she did what she was told, most of the time, and the trainer was amazing. She talked us through it all, kept us moving and helped us individually aswell. So much better than the other training we went to.

I must admit that I was worried that Coco wouldnt do anything she was told and that I would be disappointed in myself. I spoke to the trainers before we started and they said I needed to have a positive attitude and to have no expectations at all on this first visit. So we tried hard and well, it worked.

Coco did an amazing job and i'm proud of her and myself. We are definately going again next week and in the mean time shall practice little and often.

My advice to anyone who tries a training class and finds that they dont like it is, dont give up, try somewhere else, and believe that together you can do it xx Training 820685
Sarah Laycock
Sarah Laycock
Gifted Contirbutor
Gifted Contirbutor

Female
Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Training Empty Re: Training

Post by Jann Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:28 am

cheers Well done to you and CoCo !! Great to hear you enjoyed your training session ... keep us updated on CoCos progress Training 254321

Jann
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Female
Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Warley Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:40 am

Great stuff - Im glad you enjoyed it. We didn't go yesterday because our trainer was at Crufts but we'll be there next week.
Warley
Warley
Revered Contributor
Revered Contributor

Female
Number of posts : 375
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Benson Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:31 pm

Excellent News Sarah. Keep up the good work. No-one said it was gonna be easy.....................a bit like the rehoming coordinators job eh!?
Sean Benson
Sean Benson
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2008-02-29

http://www.barnsleyanimalrescue.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content