Barnsley Animal Rescue Charity

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fundraising matters!

+4
Sarah Laycock
Lisa
Jann
Sean Benson
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Fundraising matters! Empty Fundraising matters!

Post by Sean Benson Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:58 am

By special request of our new member Jann here is the new Fundraising forum. Please feel free to add your thoughts and comments here!
Laughing
Sean Benson
Sean Benson
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2008-02-29

http://www.barnsleyanimalrescue.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Fundraising matters! Empty Re: Fundraising matters!

Post by Jann Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:00 pm

Very Happy Embarassed Embarassed Wow thanks Sean - you are a fast worker! cheers

A lot of animal lovers know thw story of Rainbow Bridge .... the wonderful place where our beloved pets go when they pass away ... Rainbow Bridge is were our pets wait in comfort, free from pain to play in the sunshine until the day we go to join them....

If we put up a cork board with the story of Rainbow Bridge above it, we could ask people to buy a coloured ribbon to place on the board in memory of a loved one who has passed away, to help a living animal waiting patiently at B.A.R.C for a new life .... this could be a year round fundraiser and could be in the B.A.R.C shops or at the B.A.R.C kennels Very Happy

Coloured ribbons can be bought in Arts and Crafts shops .... sunny

Jann
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Female
Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisa Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:23 am

That sounds like a great idea!

One thing I thought about.... my daughter recently started in full time school. I wondered about asking her class to do a colouring competition eg with a £1 entrance fee. I have a brand new cuddly bunny which has been stuck in the back of ther wardrobe which could be the prize. It wouldn't make loads but the kids could also learn about pets that don't have homes. What do you guys think??

Lisa
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Female
Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Benson Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:55 am

Thanks Lisa. The school idea is great as it helps to get the youngs ones thinking about animal care at an early age. Perhaps you can give them a theme like animal care or something to help them think about the extra dimension to having pets in the first place?
Sean Benson
Sean Benson
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Benson Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:00 am

Thanks to you too Jann. Thats a great idea too! Im not quite sure I am not quite sure that Im fully conversant with the story or how it would work on practice but I like the idea.

Thanks

Sean
Sean Benson
Sean Benson
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Jann Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:14 pm

A good fund raiser for an open day is 'Find the flea' the idea is to draw a huge dog and divide him up into as many squares as you can on his body .... like a grid - each square numbered ... the more squares the better ; charge £1 a time for people to guess where the flea is .... (a number is chosen before hand and put into an envelope - the winner gets a prize) ------- when someone makes a guess, put their name in the square so you know who to contact when you draw the winner Smile

Jann
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Jann Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:18 pm

Or .... using a cuddly toy .... ask people to guess his name from a list of names ... the winner gets the teddy

Jann
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Jann Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:22 pm

A sponsored walk is good fun for the dogs ... they get a good walk and money is raised at the same time .....

Jann
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Benson Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:57 am

Great ideas and simply too. Perhaps Julie could employ some of the games in the shops on a weekly basis to help boost the funds a bit. Make sure someone wins every week, even if it means drawing loads of tickets til someone wins then it will encourage shoppers to keep coming back. After all who wouldnt want to win a nice pressie for a quid??
Sean Benson
Sean Benson
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Jann Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:04 am

Very Happy Doing a tombola is fun too .... people buy a ticket and are guaranteed a prize - even if the prize is a donated item, people like surprises Fundraising matters! 820685

Jann
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:49 am

Jann, stop it now, he'll be working me to death in those charity shops!!
No seriously great simple ideas, that don't take a lot of implementing is what we need - can anybody draw dogs!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Laycock Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:25 am

I love the coloured ribbons idea and the sponsored walk. Would take part in both of those and could ask at childrens schools too.

Do you have an annual fun day to raise money? Or a table at Wombwell Park Gala?
Sarah Laycock
Sarah Laycock
Gifted Contirbutor
Gifted Contirbutor

Female
Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Jann Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:53 am

I can draw dogs Julie Very Happy I will try find a large enough sheet of paper to do one on .....

Jann
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Benson Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:55 pm

Fundraising matters! Dog

ear ya go luv. Fill thi boots!
Sean Benson
Sean Benson
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by kittycat Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:08 pm

Hi - Kit here - (a cat chatter mostly! aka kittycat) Im an assistant head teacher in a barnsley primary school and have quite a few connections with other local schools and within Kirklees / sheffield too. I can always put some fundraising ideas forward on a larger scale in the education setting if necessary - I have a lot of resources from RSPCA on fundraising and raising awareness of caring for animals. As part of curriculum entitlement, KS1 (4-7year olds) have topics which cover this very area and KS2 (7-11) as part of life processes in science,could link in with these real life experiences and opportunities for learning. Could be a good fundraising opportunity for BARC and for schools??? Am open to contact - dont quite know how to go about that on here - personal details etc???!!! Post a reply if you think its a "go-er"
XXXXX

kittycat

Female
Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Benson Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:18 pm

Blimey sounds excellent we should have a chat sometime, Id love to hear your thoughts!

If you want to call me by all means feel free 07931 581693 or send me a personal message with your number and Ill ring you.

Sounds great though. Just what we need, a fully functional educational programme.

THANKS!

Sean
Sean Benson
Sean Benson
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by kittycat Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:25 pm

I will do Sean - Im on half term this week too so have a "very small amount of time" to myself!!! I have got lots of wedding plans going on but I will definately discuss with my colleagues opportunities for how we can support within school - my email is kitearl@yahoo.co.uk. I live in Penistone and work in Kendray so I can meet to discuss any ideas for supporting you and supporting childrens learning too. Am dead excited about it now!! I know my other assistant headteacher with me will be well on board and Im meeting with her regularly in half term. Will talk more over email???? XXXX

kittycat

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Benson Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:05 am

Sure, whatever suits you best!

Its probably best if you speak with your colleague to discuss what will work best or what is even possible in the school environment then give me a nudge and we'll meet up to and have a chat!

Great news thanks!
Sean Benson
Sean Benson
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisa Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:57 am

Wow, when I mentioned my kids school idea I thought it might be a bit pie in the sky but it sounds like it could be great. I must admit I have been thinking how to best present it, and planning to put together some info but it seems you are way ahead of me.
My daughter's school in Oakhill by the way so not far from Kendray! Now I'm thinking I'll hold off approaching them till you have had a chat. But if there's anything I can do to help let me know!

Lisa
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Female
Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Jann Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:36 am

Sean Benson wrote:Fundraising matters! Dog

ear ya go luv. Fill thi boots!

lol! Fundraising matters! 198847 lol!

Jann
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Jann Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:41 am

What a great idea kittycat - I think it is brilliant to bring Rescue Animal awareness into schools cheers

Jann
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:13 am

If you want me to pop in with a rescue guinea pig, let me know, if i havent got a foster one at the time i can bring one of my own. I know health and safety as well as insurance has to permit these things, my cousin has a tortoise called tortie that always comes to stay with us when they go on holiday,he is about 5 now but still quite small, i've taken him to school and nursery loads of times as some kids will never get to see a real tortoise let alone touch ones shell, i usually borrow my friends tortoise who to there knowledge is 48, so no one really knows how old he is, so the kids can see the difference in size etc.

P.S. Benson that dog looks like Roland Rat!

Back to top Go down

Post by kittycat Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:02 pm

Hehe!! Your right Drab - it does look like Roland Rat!! What was the name of that hamster?? Was it Kevin?? Must be getting old forgetting things like that!!

Yeah - I'll put some feelers out after half term - great that your daughter's school is Oakhill Lisa, some real close connections there and could link in with joint up community work too - leave it with me! I mentioned earlier that Im getting married (actually at easter) so please forgive me if Im a bit distracted with that!!.

I'll try and suss out health and safety / risk assessment regulations for bringing animals into school too - the teacher who had my class before me had Fundraising matters! 420417 and terrapins in the classroom but???? . . . . . saying that, we've had horses in at my last school as we linked with Millhouse Animal Sanctuary there. I must write a list of things to do!! Fundraising matters! 181382

kittycat

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Jann Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:33 am

Congratulations on getting married at Easter Kitty - I am getting married in June Very Happy ,,,,,,, we are having a Medieval Wedding ..... Pagan style, with a 'Hand-Fasting' and jumping the broom Smile The actual marriage takes place in a registry office ... the rest is in a Centuries-Old Barn on a farm in Cumbria Smile

It would be great if B.A.R.C could come into schools to give talks .... or can it be arranged for school trips to B.A.R.C ?

It would be fun to get the Guides and Scout groups locally involved too ....

Jann
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:07 pm

Jann, when you've jumped the broom, pick it up cos you'll need it a few months down the line to hit him with!!
Just kidding Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next