Barnsley Animal Rescue Charity

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

D-Day Looming

2 posters

Go down

D-Day Looming Empty D-Day Looming

Post by Warley Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:10 pm

Well the deed is done, Archie is booked in for castration on 25th April. This will be just 6 days before his 7 month birthday. Hopefully it will also help lower his aggression towards other dogs although this is not the main reason we are getting him done. The health benefits play a big part in the decision.

I'll keep you all posted Smile
Warley
Warley
Revered Contributor
Revered Contributor

Female
Number of posts : 375
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

D-Day Looming Empty Re: D-Day Looming

Post by Sean Benson Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:11 pm

Good luck with that!

Its true though, that there are many benefits of having a pet neutered inlcuding lowered hormone balance which in turn leads to lowered aggression. Not to mentioned significantly lowered risk of unwanted babies (this only applies to the pet though, not the owner!!).

Keep us posted, I'd be interested to know if the aggression aspect is affected.

Good luck!
Sean Benson
Sean Benson
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2008-02-29

http://www.barnsleyanimalrescue.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:13 pm

Sam's been done, we fostered him while he recovered he just never went back to kennels. Unfortunatley i can't say whether it has made any difference to his aggression as i don't know how bad he was before.

My Sisters dog was done and it stopped him trying to hump all visitors, he wasn't fussy, but it wasn't a pleasant thing, Alfie is the size of a grizzly bear.

keep trying to get the husband done, this is a purely personal reason, I had two kids WHERE WAS HIS PAIN! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum